Anti-Cat thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

protheus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
woijchik89 said:
Okay, now can anyone please share some stories in which cats haven't been the best of freinds?
Well, I had a roommate's cat urinate on one of my shirts once... while I was wearing it. Needless to say I was more than a little upset with her at the time. She's since been "modified with an elective surgery," but it remains to be seen whether this will cure her of her liberal urination habbit. I'm not particularly happy with her to this day.

It may be heredity, really, since she doesn't come from the best (read that as "least inbred") breeding stock. Unfortunately, my own cat also comes from the same line. ;)

Chris

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
eeeeew..........Kinda growse. But all the same, cats are.............filthy?

protheus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
woijchik89 said:
eeeeew..........Kinda growse. But all the same, cats are.............filthy?
Yeah, it was particularly disgusting. I had the hardest time cleaning that shirt, too. At any rate, all animals are filthy. Part of the reason I like cats is that (like a well trained dog will, but without the training) they tend to keep their filth in one spot. This one was an exception, at least until the surgery which was a few weeks ago. I haven't caught her doing anything particularly nasty, since then, but am not convinced that they's cured of it.

Many lizards and invertebrates are also very "clean" in the sense that they understand waste should be kept away from living space. It seems a more common trait than people would expect. I also see a domesticated iguana, for instance, as being appealing in the same way as a cat. They're slightly "wild," and have their own ideas about things, but on the other hand, they tend to get along well with people, and be easy to clean up after.

I should say that the behavior of a cat seems to vary wildly between bloodlines. As I was saying earlier, my cat and the roommates cat come from the same line, and can be incredibly annoying (as can all the other cats I know of from that line). OTOH, I know other groups of cats which all tend to be very polite. I wonder whether any research has been done along those lines?

I guess this is enough nut-ball speculation on my part. :)

Chris

protheus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
protheus said:
I also see a domesticated iguana, for instance, as being appealing in the same way as a cat. They're slightly "wild," and have their own ideas about things, but on the other hand, they tend to get along well with people, and be easy to clean up after.
Well, ok, since I mention her, behold the domesticated iguana. ;P This is Krishna; we adopted her from the humane society a while back. She's looking a little scruffy in this picture, which was the day we brought her home, but is actually getting much better.

Also, speaking of cats, the interplay between cats and a large lizard is amusing to say the least. Most interesting of all (and I should try to get a picture of this), my wife's cat likes to spend a lot of time with the lizards, to the point of sleeping near/on their cages. It was problematic at one point because whenever we opened the cage, the cat would go in, rather than the lizard coming out...

Chris

Attachments

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
You must have very limited experience with cats to view them as all evil. My cat Kes is a big baby and would never harm or attack anyone. Ive had her over a year and she still hasnt scratched me or bitten me.

Personally, I hope anyone who hates cats comes back in their second life as a mouse.

Its dogs that I cant stand...theyre just too damn obnoxious for my taste. Oh well. Cant all like the same things I spose.

protheus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
woijchik89 said:
Runaway987, Its not that hard to spell a name right. It's woijchik89.
Not hard to spell, but how do you pronounce the "89?" ;)

Chris

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Spider_savior said:
You must have very limited experience with cats to view them as all evil. My cat Kes is a big baby and would never harm or attack anyone. Ive had her over a year and she still hasnt scratched me or bitten me.

Personally, I hope anyone who hates cats comes back in their second life as a mouse.

Its dogs that I cant stand...theyre just too damn obnoxious for my taste. Oh well. Cant all like the same things I spose.
No, i actually alot of experience with cats. I live in the small town of avon park and it is OVERRUN with felines. They are nothing more than a black plague of bags of fur.

Lets just say unlike some I'm not as forgiving. when felines tick me off I don't just look at it's cuteness and let it eat whatever the hell it pleases to.

However, some would rather just have a crapload of them in their house and spend the majority of their money on making their house to fit their cats wants and needs.

Personally I hope anyone who simply loves cats would come back in their next life as a human, and waste their entire live all over again only to please their stupid cats.

As for you not likeing dogs I respect that. Theirs nothing wrong with rather haveing a pet who will walk all over them.

Wait, scratch that. I hope anyone who loves cats will come back in their second live as a cat. Which will soon be eaten by a pitbull.

protheus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
woijchik89 said:
spend the majority of their money on making their house to fit their cats wants and needs.
Isn't this the same with any free-roaming pet? Wouldn't one need to make certain concessions to keep a dog inside? (Remember that what it does when you're watching is one thing, but you must protect it against what it may do when you aren't...)

Chris

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
lol... wojick, nowadays people dont have pets to work for them, its to have a cuddly little animal in the house,
its much easyer to keep a cat than a dog, dogs need walkies- training so that they dont <do-do~IS> everywhere and the dribble and walk/roll in "matter" and then rub themselves on your new sofa...

cats: dont do any of the ubove, they are clean, they burry their waste so that you dotn slide on it in the street,

this thread is pointless, cats are wicked, and seeing that you feed your emperor pinkies and lizards,enjoying the disenbowling of these little creatures, i dont think you can comment on the emotions of a cat.

Last edited by a moderator:

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
protheus said:
Isn't this the same with any free-roaming pet? Wouldn't one need to make certain concessions to keep a dog inside? (Remember that what it does when you're watching is one thing, but you must protect it against what it may do when you aren't...)

Chris
I know but I think its just a wee bit crazy where people give their cats there own rooms. and start buying them movies to help there "minds" grow.

My aunt has at least 3 cats in her house. But actually it's more of her cats house.

It's said cause no one ever visits her, it's just a bit akward. The entire place is a mess and the only means of furniture is covered in cat products.

I just think its weird how some people spend more money on their cats then on grocerys and themselfs.

There cats are literally their life.

-Ben

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
George Carnell said:
lol... wojick, nowadays people dont have pets to work for them, its to have a cuddly little animal in the house,
its much easyer to keep a cat than a dog, dogs need walkies- training so that they dont <do-do-IS> everywhere and the dribble and walk/roll in "matter" and then rub themselves on your new sofa...

cats: dont do any of the ubove, they are clean, they burry their waste so that you dotn slide on it in the street,

this thread is pointless, cats are wicked, and seeing that you feed your emperor pinkies and lizards,enjoying the disenbowling of these little creatures, i dont think you can comment on the emotions of a cat.
First of all, if you are going to address me spell my name right.

If you don't respect my opinion that's fine, but at least have the decentcy to spell my name right.

I dont address you as Georget Carny

Cats crap in the house, they simply hide it so yu can't clean it up.

Dogs are pets.

Sure they can be messy, but so what. You can teach them. Cats however, you cant train, they do what they want when they want.

I have never fed my emperor pinkies. I have fed them lizards sure, but I consider them a pest.

Whats wrong with feeding pets pest? I mean if you found a large roach, would it be wrong to feed it to your tarantula or scorpion? Just because something has a spine doesn't make it any better than something without. I would never feed my scorpion a bearded dragon, or hamster. However if I find a bug crawling in my kitchen he will suffer the consiquenses. I just wish my scorpion is big enough to eat a stray cat that has entered my house.

-Ben

Last edited:

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
BTW: If you don't intend on caring for pets, and only have pets cause they're cute and cuddily. I don't think you'd be keeping Scorpions.

DarkRAM

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think humans are evil, and I love my cats. :D And if any stinking human was to throw a glass at my cats they would surely get a boot to their face.

BTW: Woijchik, theres a little icon that looks like a chat bubble above when making a new post. Its for quotes, you can use that instead of making multiple replies to everyone else's replies.

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
DarkRAM said:
I think humans are evil, and I love my cats. :D And if any stinking human was to throw a glass at my cats they would surely get a boot to their face.

BTW: Woijchik, theres a little icon that looks like a chat bubble above when making a new post. Its for quotes, you can use that instead of making multiple replies to everyone else's replies.
that's debatable, not all humans are evil, just the vast majority.

However cats have natural habits and instinks that in a lot of ways make them look evil.

And I'd like to to know that if any stinking cat was to walk in my house and attemp to eat any of my pets, It's going to get a WAY larger glass thrown at its face. I dunno, maybe a big glass Jar. :D

BTW: Thanks, I didn't know that. LoL It will save me some time when I reply to everybody attacking me at once :D.

Last edited:

protheus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
woijchik89 said:
I know but I think its just a wee bit crazy where people give their cats there own rooms. and start buying them movies to help there "minds" grow.
Ok, yeah, that's nuts. Some people do those things, though. :) Maybe I should buy some textbooks for my scorpions...

Chris

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
protheus said:
Ok, yeah, that's nuts. Some people do those things, though. :) Maybe I should buy some textbooks for my scorpions...

Chris
I know it's crazy. When they leave for a trip they're like "OH GOD, I have to find my cats video, he'll be upset if I dont!!!!"

Just messed up, Plus they give their cats "play rooms" and if they have alot of cats they get them "kitty restrooms" filled with novelty litter boxes.

They've lost their souls.

protheus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
woijchik89 said:
I know it's crazy. When they leave for a trip they're like "OH GOD, I have to find my cats video, he'll be upset if I dont!!!!"
When you said "cats video," I thought of the "musical" for a second... I knew musicals had to serve some purpose ;P

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.