Genus Acanthoscurria

heering80

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here's my first (but not the only) T. Her name is Eelis. She's something about 3.5 - 4" :)

She's my favourite!!

BBlack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
For the time being my genics are small, can't wait for them to get a little bigger.

avmaviator

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here is Monstro, named after the Ducati model

Here it is about two molts ago

Arno

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Can someone PLEASE tell my Genic that he's supposed to be a voracious eater?

Arno, I can't believe you're handling your Genic! :eek: AWESOME pics!

---
Wendy
---

Melmoth

ArachnoSweetTalker
Old Timer
Socrates said:
Can someone PLEASE tell my Genic that he's supposed to be a voracious eater?

Arno, I can't believe you're handling your Genic! :eek: AWESOME pics!

---
Wendy
---
Hey Wendy,
Now this is interesting! I've never heard of a A.genic. that wasn't an eating machine.In my experience,they eat anything offered,virtually right up to molting .
George

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Melmoth said:
Hey Wendy,
Now this is interesting! I've never heard of a A.genic. that wasn't an eating machine.In my experience,they eat anything offered,virtually right up to molting .
George
Hi George,

NOT my Genic. He's a boy, about 4" now. He's totally lost his appetite after his last molt which was about 6/22/04. He's SO scrawny and skinny, and I am SO worried about him. I love that little guy - and don't know WHY he's not interested in food. He'll kill his prey, but won't eat it. I've tried silk worms too, to no avail. I'm attaching a picture of my "hair-kicking" boy. His name is LINK.

---
Wendy
---

Melmoth

ArachnoSweetTalker
Old Timer
Hi Wendy,
From the pic of Link,I can't see any boxing gloves,so I'm assuming he hasn't hit sexual maturity,yet.So it's very puzzling,and obviously worrying.As you probably know,it's quite common for mature males to stop eating and just waste away,but in sub-adults,it is strange indeed.Hopefully,somebody else may have had similar experiences,and be able to shed some light on the subject.

George

Ice Cold Milk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Genic sling

Here's some pics of my Genic sling, each posed next to/over a quarter. 1st pic is 24th of July, then August 6th, a day after it molted, then yesterday after it molted again.

Hymneh

Arachnopeon
Mij little 3/4" shedded his skin 2 days ago, he has a nice blue color and a urge to redecorate his home with silk :D

Attachments

delta

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
0.0.4 A. antillensis (very small slings - no pics yet)
0.0.3 A. sternalis (very small too - no pics yet)
0.0.2 A. ferina

and thats the A. ferina

enjoy :)