Genus Acanthoscurria

delta

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thx guys, as soon as the other slings are looking like a real T i'll update the thread with some pics ;)

cheers

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This is a very beautiful species.

This is one of my three large juveniles/semiadult. One is probably male, one is probably female and one is of unknown sex.

Enjoy! :)

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Acanthoscurria brocklehursti

Well my lovely adult female molted and I thought I would share her sexiness.

Can't have her, she's mine!

dotdman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beautiful spider. You lucky dog...

Kindest kindest,

Kevin P.

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
WOW! VERY nice tarantula...never really seen a picture of this species before..

Vanan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And a good enough reason at that! Thanks for sharing such a beautiful species. :)

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Nice spider there, but please excuse my lack of knowledge. I have a hard time telling these apart from A. genic. Are there any differances between these two that are easily distinguishable, that Im missing?

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I believe i have the same spiecies, that was sold to me as N carapoensis. Im still trying to understand the confushion on these. :? My pics where takin under differant types of light

Attachments

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Philth said:
Nice spider there, but please excuse my lack of knowledge. I have a hard time telling these apart from A. genic. Are there any differances between these two that are easily distinguishable, that Im missing?
Great Question!

I am no taxonomy expert, but I believe the horizontal striping is thicker, like almost like banding around the "knees". I believe they both have the red satae during times and after molts. The vertical striping looks to be thinner and more defined. Here is pics for comparisons, you might be able to figure it out. I am not sure about this, but I think geniculata don't get red satae on their carapace.

A. brocklehursti

A. geniculata

Hope I helped at all.

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Philth if it’s good size (over 5” ls) id say it’s A.chacoana "altmanni" (aftershock has the right idea keeping the old species name after the real name this will help to stop the lighter form and the darker form being mixed) other then the long setae on the carapace adult N.carapoensis also seem to have a longer leg IV with more and longer setae on it but that’s something that is only really apparent on the bigger one’s but if you have a clear picture of the spermatheca from a moult you can tell the two apart easily.