ZZZZZZzzzzzz

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
sshhhhh...<whispering> She's asleep...in her water dish.
One pretty neat thing about keeping centipedes is that they sometimes are totally oblivious to their surroundings when they're doing things such as eating, or even, sleeping. They don't flinch much when you pick up their enclosures. The little one's do, but adults, not so much.
john

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
:eek: OMG JOHN!! :eek:
You ARE brave..Either that or, you have lightning fast reflexes..
Peace,
Gillian

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Look at you John,
You tell me not to get bit and you are holding the water dish with her in it. You are one brave man:D

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
A very brave man indeed! I get nervous reaching in to get the water dish to fill it when my pede is in its burrow. :eek:

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very Brave indeed, is that a tanzanian yellow leg pede?

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Not brave,

I don't think it's brave, and it's definitely not trust. I guess more of an understanding. She didn't even flinch when I picked her up. She=Scolopendra heros castaniceps.
I wouldn't even attempt that with any of the S. subspinipes species that I have. They're way too jittery for that.
The S. h. castaniceps (at least mine anyways) is a pussycat compared to the S. subspinipes complex.
I've noticed when I spray parts of the cage, with the first dash of water, the heros will thrash around and bite only once. When I continue to spray, even in very close proximity of her head, the heros will pretty much ignore it.
Not the chinese, or that Thai purple, they bite the whole way thru.
Anyways, if she would've popped her head up, that's it, she's was going back in her cage PDQ!
Either that, or finally contribute to Scott's bite report forum. ;)
john