Your tarantulas personalities

slingshot71

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I use an eyedropper to fill my L. parahybana's water dish. Every time I do this, even if she is in her hide, she runs out and pounces on the dish with each squirt of water. For a big girl, she is lightning fast (suntiger speed). She pounces on crickets and roaches with the same ferocity, and I think she would do the same to my hand if given the chance. She never flicks hairs or gives a threat display, but with that kind of speed and 3/4" fangs, I don't plan on taking any chances.

elyanalyous

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
throw a threat at a storm....

my rosie also has a personality of her own... in her enclosure there is a rock that she gets up on...and pulls everything i've so carefully planted (fake plants lol) away fromthe base of the rock...and we have really wicked rainstorms where i live...anywhay when it starts to rain she bolts onto the top of this rock and throws the best threat display i've ever seen and she will stay like that for a few min and then brood on the rock...

its even worse when i mist her cage tho because she will chase the water so she GETS wet...no running from water for this one

Endora

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
When my female rosie is in her 'relaxing pose' she huddles with her butt in the air. Sorta like what a baby would do.

Natco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My male B. smithi is a horribly mean little $@!*. He flicks hair as soon as I even begin to open the cage, and will try to bite if I get anything to close to him.

Libertykeeper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
On two occasions I have watched the older (and much weirder) of my B. Vagans grab a cricket that I have just dropped in and then run over to her water dish and throw it in there. :? This one also just starts "dancing" for no obvious reason, I think she has the invert equivalent of A.D.D. :wall:

Kittycat784

Arachnopeon
My Male rosie will web up the substrate and then roll it all up he'll do this about twice a day so that I'm obligated to put more into his cage. my other rosie seems to have nervous twitches and just jumps around alot it's really quite funny

Spiderface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my p scrofa stretches out flat against the side of her tank and raises her butt straight up. maybe she is trying to look like a scorpion.

Bedlam

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
tima said:
Wow -- my seemani does exactly the same thing...in fact, last night, she was drinking out of her mud puddle (most of the peat had sort of settled to the bottom). Doesn't matter how often I clean it or anything. I figure if she likes dirty water, what's the sense in cleaning it? I doubt they drink from crystal springs in the wild...maybe it seems too clean?
Tim
haha....I guess my Seemanni isn't the only mud lover. Mine basically refuses to have a water dish and flips it over anytime I try to have it in there. It'll stand on the mud for a few minutes and give me a defiant glare too. {D

Fierce Deity

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My rosie hates her water dish, and fills it with substrate every day. I empty the substrate back out, and come back only to see it filled again. She is a big fan of the "butt stuck to ground dance". For those who are not framiliar with it, she points her abdomen downward, and spins in circles. There is usually no web coming out though, unless there is a mass of cricket mush underneath. She also stands as tall on her legs as possible like stilts, and then sways back and forth. Whenever disturbed, she covers her eyes with her legs like she is hiding behind them. Shes funny to watch.