Your tarantula enclosures...

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My Usambaras old setup... Now she has a castle and a coconut in her kritter keeper.

Attachments

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

same tank, other side:

EDIT: can't post the second photo ("The image that you have attached is too big. Please make it no bigger than 640 x 640") =:-( BTW, it's 670 x 366 pixel and 49 kb.

...and I am too lazy to resize is, only to post it in this forum.

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
My C crayshawi is in a plastic pickle jar, no decorations, just lots of substrate!

I also have my Crawshayi in a pickle jar but mine is glass. Funny how when I see the pickle jar in my fridge I think "Goddamn why don't you people eat more pickles around here, I could be using that for another T"!

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mugabe, juvenile (2.5") Pterinochilus sp. "Usambara"

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Idi, Pterinochilus murinus, same size as his Orange neighbour but prefers to dig. He's in there somewhere!

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Miguel, Brachypelma albopilosum eating machine. Allegedly a spiderling, but he spans my 4 fingers.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Guarico, baby Psalmopeous irminia.
Spends it's time mostly in Pokie pose.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Oiseau, equally tiny Avicularia versicolor. Seems to prefer the floor for some wierd reason.

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Brachypelma emilia tank

She just loves digging so I have given her plenty of peat/vermiculite mix to play with, a small waterbowl which she routinely fills with substrate and a piece of cork bark which she's incorporated into her nest design.

Attachments

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Another spiderling/juvenille, my 7cm Acanthoscurria geniculata.

She doesn't dig at all, and the only real substrate moving she does is gathering up the top surface of an area and dumping it elsewhere. She has a milk bottle lid for her waterbowl and a nice big bark shelter which she loves. She's forever climbing over it or hiding underneath it.

Attachments

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My sub 2cm Avicularia versicolor. She's in a small spice jar with holes drilled all over the roof etc. A very light scattering of vermiculite/peat mix covers the bottom and I put in some bits of bark which I found in the garden (sterilized first of course). The little flea seems happy enough in the set up at the moment... fingers crossed

Attachments

Slide

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Currently I'm using tupperware and baby food jars for my slings, but I was thinking for slings/juvies, something like these would work quite well. Just need to have some ventilation added...they sell for just a couple USD each, and look pretty decent...I plan on getting a few RSN...

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
You can check out some pics of some of my enclosures here and here. Both scorpion and T enclosures are included, though, in principle, there is little difference between them.

Cheers,
Dave

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Slide
Currently I'm using tupperware and baby food jars for my slings, but I was thinking for slings/juvies, something like these would work quite well. Just need to have some ventilation added...they sell for just a couple USD each, and look pretty decent...I plan on getting a few RSN...
Those would be absolutely PERFECT! I've just mailed them asking if they ship internationally... probably not though.

Dessicata

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey lostkat, for adult spiders there is a company called custom aquaria, who make awesome lookin glass tanks for spiders. I know www.coasttocoast.co.uk carry them, and so does www.reptilecentre.com, but i dont know as of yet if any will courier, although i emailed them both, cos i want some for my mantids :)

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Holley, i have an Avicularia leata that has made a nice hamock on the lid exactly like yours did...

I almost lost her because of that.... i set the lid down and was misting and cleaning and feeding... didn't see her but i thought she was hiding in some bark...

Well, next thing i know, she's climbing around right in front of me! thats when i found the web :) it's cool, but her enclosure looks totally empty