Your first pokey

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
Ornata, and if I learned anything, it was that the keeping of Pokies is a lot of hype. Several other of my OW’s are as fast, or faster, and most more defensive. Oh, yeah! I forgot. She taught me that P. ornatas are freakin’ great.
P.ornatas are really freaking awesome, couldn't have said it better myself.

Eimericus

Arachnopeon
My first was a juvenile P. regalis as well.
When I tried to get her in her first enclosure, she immediately bolted. Luckily I could get the lid on in time! Since then I rehoused her once. I was fully prepared, my wife even stould by to help in case of emergency. Everything whent smooth luckily. It's a very nice tarantula to see in action, grabbing crickets out of the air and stalking prey.

JBarbaresi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just curious, what was the first poecilotheria species you got? Did it teach you anything new about the hobby?
My first was a p. regalis sling. Honestly the only thing it taught me is that pokie care is over hyped a bit. He is pretty mellow and has never shown any hint of aggression. The next I got was a p. Subfusca and my experience with her has been very similar.

testdasi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My first was a p. regalis sling. Honestly the only thing it taught me is that pokie care is over hyped a bit. He is pretty mellow and has never shown any hint of aggression. The next I got was a p. Subfusca and my experience with her has been very similar.
Totally agree!!! There seems to be this air of notoriety around Pokies that I don't understand. All my Pokies have been sweet hearts.

Kulticose

Arachnopeon
My first pokie was a p. metallica. It's actually one of my calmest tarantulas, though rarely, it'll become super defensive.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
P. fasciata and P. met at the same time. I got them pretty early in my tarantula keeping and didn't have any trouble with them. The P.met is still one of my favorite tarantulas.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
For my first I ordered a P smithi and P rufilata sling. The “smithi” actually turned out to be a subfusca so I had to buy a real smithi.

P rufilata is still my favorite.

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
My first was 7” Rufilata, I was super intimidated but to this day is one of the chillest easy to manage Ts period. I was spoiled till I got a couple crazy Formosa

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Regalis for me, I think I got 3 or 4 of them as my first pokie.