Your favorite shelving units?

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire

Excuse the power cords and the clutter. Constant work in progress right now!

We bought IKEA IVAR shelving for the office. It's totally modular so you can always add to it or change things up as you go. We got the fold-up desk for feedings/rehouses etc and we got the cabinet for storing supplies but, again, the shelves are modular so you can set them up however you want.

It anchors into the wall for extra support and the unit feels very stable to me. I think my favorite thing is how easy it is to change the height of the shelves. With lots of growing specimens, it's important to me to be able to adjust things as needed.

I'm planning on adding under shelf lighting that I can flip on when I want to add to the display aspect. I like these shelves though and I really think they look nice. So far, so good!

Moebius

Arachnopeon
Went with some metal racks with wood shelves from Home Depot; sometimes they're on sale. Not the cheapest or insanely pricey, but adjustable and easy to set up, black coated metal, look fairly nice too and have a good weight rating (not that I need much with lightweight Ts). Honestly could use one more. No cats to worry about or killer sock puppets (ferrets) to knock stuff off, but these snap together and are pretty steady. Being able to move shelf heights around is really handy when you miscalculate the height of new enclosures.

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire
Being able to move shelf heights around is really handy when you miscalculate the height of new enclosures.
I totally agree, adjustable shelves are definitely a requirement for shelving setups, at least for me! Especially for collections with lots of slings and juvies, it's really nice to be able to change things as the collection grows so you can maximize storage/display space and give everyone the best setup.

Tortuga

Arachnoknight
For everyone that uses steel wire shelving units. I've listed an accessories link to www.webstaurantstore.com. Their actual shelving unit kits are more expensive than at walmart or amazon, but they have a good selection of affordable accessories that you can tweak your existing set up with. They have cool stuff in general. Hope this information is beneficial to some of you.

*the 'S' hooks allow you to build an extra shelving unit between two existing ones. All you would need are the shelves, no poles required.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/43959/regency-shelving-casters-and-shelving-accessories.html

Last edited: