You'll spoil his dinner.

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Okay, I have to ask. I know this is something that I shouldn't worry about, and I'm not, I'm simply curious. Peso moulted about...3 weeks ago now I guess. Since then, he/she has eaten a cricket every two days without fail. No matter the size of the cricket, I go one night without feeding, and the next night he wants more. Fine and grand, he's post-moult, and he's hungry. But the cycle hasn't stopped, and so it seems I have a glutonous T. Fine with me, I love watching feedings.
My friends say I'm going to kill Peso if I feed him too much. I patiently remind them that Peso is not a goldfish; if he's not hungry, he won't eat. I know Peso isn't in any danger at this rate of consumption, but in your own personal opinions, out of curiousity, should I cut back?
Paul

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

it is just fine! i feed my T's every other day, sometimes they eat, and sometimes they wont, if they want a crick they will eat it, if not then they will not eat, my curlyhairs ate 6 crickets each every 1-2 weeks, they are fat, your G.pulchura(peso) will be just fine!

James

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Paul, I feed my 1 inch G.pulchra sling a cricket the size that he is once every 3 days or so and he/she has a huge abdomen. Maybe feed every 3-4 days instead of every 2 days, but some people say feed them as much as you want and others feed them once or twice a week, so thats just my opinion. Put it this way, you cannot hurt it by feeding it a little less, if your worried, cut back.

Mark

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would see if he would accept 1 cricket every day! If he did, then I would see if he would accept 2 crickets a day. And if he did...But that is just me.

Big Dragonfly

dilleo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When my t's get to the point where the look like they're going to explode I don't feed them until I say a change (even slightly) in their body size. Sometimes the next day it happens and sometimes it happens until the next molt. I've also had t's that gorge themselves before a molt then don't eat for over a month after the molt, just leaving the crickets, afraid of them even.

-Jeremy

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Peso is a crulyhair and they are notorious for their appetites. Your spider is behaving typically just like the rest of the species. No harm there.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by JacenBeers
Peso is a crulyhair and they are notorious for their appetites. Your spider is behaving typically just like the rest of the species. No harm there.
I could have sworn it was a G. pulchra...

Bill

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh yeah that is right. Forget my post above I got you mixed up with Tarantula Lover.