Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

You touch it.

Discussion in 'Insects, Other Invertebrates & Arthropods' started by DixonCyder, Jul 9, 2019.

1. bulbophyllum

bulbophyllum Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    First time I saw one of those in person was sitting outside at night drinking beer with a group of friends. A big adult male flew up to an outdoor light. Everyone stared "What the hell is that thing?!!" And me mister smarty pants said "That's a male dobson fly. They are harmless. blah blah." Just as the damn thing flew over and landed on my nose! I'm a macho dude but, I screamed like girl.

• Funny Funny x 6
  2. Galapoheros

Galapoheros ArachnoGod Old Timer

Ha!, I'm an experienced centipede guy but once while watching TV in the dark(when I had a TV here), a giant heros centipede walked across the floor in front of the TV, it actually scared me for a second. OK, it was "two" seconds. It wasn't one that got out either.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. SonsofArachne

SonsofArachne Arachnoangel Active Member

4. When I first moved to SoCal and saw a Jerusalem Cricket for the first time, you should have heard the sound I made.

I appreciate them much more now though, I'd like to get one for a pet eventually!

5. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

A wingspan of 18 cm ! :eek::eek::eek:
    That's not an insect, that's a plane with teeth!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. SonsofArachne

They are huge. I found a dead one at my old job, so I put in a plastic bag and taped to wall in front of my desk. People would freak when they saw it, freak even more when I told them where I found it.:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. schmiggle

schmiggle Arachnoprince Active Member

When you put it like that, it sounds scarily like an innuendo.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. SonsofArachne

In the parking lot. Get your mind out of the gutter ;)

9. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

Beeeeep
    @schmiggle is residing on the Dark Side at the moment. Please try again later :smug:
    Beeeeep

• Funny Funny x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.