You just entering the hobby vs. you now

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I thought i was just going to get one to overcome the phobia, now, thanks to youtube (where i first heard about this forum) i went from three to over ten healthy, and lively tarantulas.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Funny enough, I was actually trying to get over my phobia as well. And I did! Mind you, I still jump a bit every now and then when my larger Ts dive-bomb their meal, but I'm not scared of them anymore.

Arcana

Arachnopeon
I'm kind of the same as I was at the beginning. I don't worry so much anymore though! When I first received my spiderlings I worried about humidity and also the hydration of spiderlings. When one was near molting and became passive I thought it was in deathcurl at any posture. Poor me! The beginners stress is horrible when you want to do everything right. I mean, you can have all the information and do research, but once I owned my first Ts, I felt like the info I have don't apply to my situation :)

So this 'hydration problem' was solved by adding a waterdish and I didn't fear Ts deathcurls anymore. I worried my slings would drown, haha. I thought they cannot be that stupid and drown themselves so I just let the waterdishes be.

The first premolt... Oh my. I don't want to feel the the way I felt back then again. Learning Ts 'eating, not eating, molting, postmolt cycle' was a nice journey and I'm still learning as my slings grow and this cycle get longer in time. This hobby is pure joy for me this far :)

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Is the enclosure too small/big?!?

Will my sling drown???

Can I get my spider sick?!?

*slaps past self* shut up!

Louise Nolan

Arachnopeon
When I got into the hobby a year ago I was worried about escapees because my first two tarantulas probably not a good choice but b.smithi and have.maculata