yesssssssss!!!!

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my juvy a.avic is in mid-moult!!!! his/her first moult under my care! just thought i'd share my excitement with yall since there is really no one else in my life who would care...

kellygirl

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You're lucky to catch it molting. That's something that can be hard to do. Also, do arboreals molt the same way as terrestrials? Do they flip over on the substrate, or do they somehow molt in their web or branch?

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
mine is molting up in her webbing. i'm not sure if this is typical or not, as this is the only arboreal i have ever owned. the web goes along the side of the enclosure so i have a GREAT view! he/she is almost done, actually. it's been a very quick molt compared to the others i've caught mid-molt. i'm so excited! =D

kellygirl

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's exciting isn't it? I have a 5" A.versicolor that just molted and yes she molted in her web that is on the side of her aquarium at the top. They just have awesome colors and no wonder they consider them to be one of the prettiest. Good luck with the ones you have coming and beware of how feisty the A.moderatum can be. I have two of them and they are quite feisty, yet really pretty after a molt. All of my Aphopelmas are feisty, but I love it!

Attachments

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ladies and gentlemen! we had a successful molt! :) :) :) he/she is much bigger now--must've been crowded in that old exo! :} he/she is almost completely black (except for the toes, of course)... are the green and red hairs gonna come back or is that just a temporary thing?

kellygirl

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Strange that it is more black then ever. THe other night my A avicularia molted in its web and it came out almost looking like an A versicolor. IT was really red and green.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey kelly

Originally posted by kellygirl
ladies and gentlemen! we had a successful molt! :) :) :) he/she is much bigger now--must've been crowded in that old exo! :} he/she is almost completely black (except for the toes, of course)... are the green and red hairs gonna come back or is that just a temporary thing?

kellygirl
How long was it with you before it moulted? cause i had mine for 80 days it still has not moulted? Good Luck!!

James

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
james, i've had my avic since august... this being the first molt since i got him/her.

kellygirl