Yellow Sunshine

skooma_addict

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The local pet store has these listed as "assorted tarantulas" and one of the associates called it a yellow sunshine but had no scientific. Has anyone heard of these and if so what is the scientific so that I can properly research it?

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The local pet store has these listed as "assorted tarantulas" and one of the associates called it a yellow sunshine but had no scientific. Has anyone heard of these and if so what is the scientific so that I can properly research it?
need a pic?!?!?

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer

"assorted tarantulas"... sounds to me like a place to be avoided. That's like going to the doctor and being asked if you've ever copulated with merfolk... I wouldn't trust they know what they are doing.

In regards to your question : was it yellow and small ( less then 2 inches ) with lots of webbing ?

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
going to the doctor and being asked if you've ever copulated with merfolk... I
UMMM you mean that is not a normal thing for your doctor to ask? Man, dont you know they are carriers of all sorts of disease? You really dont want fin rot there....

Last edited:

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
UMMM you mean that is not a normal thing for your doctor to ask? Man, dont you know they are carriers of all sorts of disease? You really dont want fin rot there....
Yeah...I've caught ich a few times. It's not fun.

Don't copulate with merfolk.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if its yellowish with lots of webbing and small then i'd guess Holothele incei ....we still need a pic

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
^BEAT ME! :p

i'd suspect p. murinus... sometimes people call them usambara starbursts or sunbursts. :?

like everyone says... no real clue without a picture.

Last edited:

ali-loves-bugs

Arachnopeon
I honestly don't have a clue, but I couldn't resist the urge to chime in.

P. murinus = Yellow Sunshine

Isn't that like a total contradiction in terms!!!! ROTFLOL

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Maybe "yellow sunshine" refers to the pretty colors you see when your eyes roll back into your head from the pain...

Or is it when you pee yourself from the shock of it jumping onto your face with fangs bared?

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Maybe "yellow sunshine" refers to the pretty colors you see when your eyes roll back into your head from the pain...

Or is it when you pee yourself from the shock of it jumping onto your face with fangs bared?
LMAO!!!:clap:

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i'm now determined to name one of my p. murinus "sunshine." the first sexed female wins the prize! ;P

ali-loves-bugs

Arachnopeon
i'm now determined to name one of my p. murinus "sunshine." the first sexed female wins the prize! ;P
Great idea!!! I'll second that!!! (If it's alright by you?) I've got 5 slings, so hopefully the odds are good that at least one will be female.

skooma_addict

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No pic yet, sorry. But, it's not P. Mirinus, I have one of those. It's yellowish tan with four pairs of perfectly round, black dots going down its abdomen with each pair getting smaller, and is a little webby in the inappropriate enclosure it is in. The abdomen is similar to pterinochilus but there is no chevron pattern, just the dots. Definitely not H. incei. Also, it's angry as f@#* so I couldn't resist having interest in it. Definitely an old worldy.

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I guess P. lugardi.

If so give it plenty of dirt to burrow in and say goodbye. If you don’t see it then it’s happy. I have one and I get so excited every 8 or so months when I see her lol. No really I love this genus. Go to CedrikC picture thread to see awesome setups.

Steph

skooma_addict

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have P lugardi as well, not one of those but thanks anyway. The most noticeable trait is the four pairs of dots going down the abdomen which are the first things you notice. The color on your pic was almost dead on though so thanks again. It is more tan/biege than yellow.

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
possibly h. maculata (aren't males a tannish color?) or maybe just a different color phase of p. murinus? dunno just guessing. i can't think a pet store would carry anything very exotic. i'd just look through a dealer's pictures by his price lists and see if anything looks similar.

skooma_addict

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There are no chevron patterns, just the pairs of dots on the abdomen. It's not a H. mac either.:confused: