Yellow garden spider egg sac help please???

Sharpaxe

Arachnopeon
So I had this huge yellow garden spider on my back porch that left 3 egg sacs before she went off and died, today when I went outside I found some itty bitty baby spiders climbing out of one that had gotten a bit damaged, but I don't think it was quite time for them to come out, its still pretty cold around here, the other 2 egg sacs are just fine and they haven't hatched yet, so I was wondering if I could get some help with what to do with the baby spiders? I gathered them and their egg sac up and put it in a cup temporarily but I really have no idea what to do with them and I really don't want them all to die.

Note:the egg sac had gotten a hole poked through it by an outside force, and it's cold and rainy outside today.

Last edited:

NYAN

Arachnoking
You should’ve left them alone. If they are hatching, it is because they are supposed to.

omni

Arachnobaron
get a mason jar and put the sac in there with some branches and if you're motivated, get some small FF's or FFF's (flightless fruit flies) and try to get them well started then release when they are like 1/8-1/4". without a pic of the mama or descrip, I'll guess they are Argiope aurentia? yellow scary looking yellow black/white, and usually can take a cold night ok, but this sp. is on the decline around cities because they prefer dense tall weeds that usually get hacked down around buildings. I was in OKC for 9 months and did not see any. even here in Ohio, it's been a long time since I've seen them. plus Argiopes are very sensitive to insecticides in the region with cumulative effect.

if you save 50 slings, you're doing great for the ecology!