Yellow around the mouth

Tarantula65

Arachnopeon
I have a rose hair who has a weird yellowish thing around its mouth I just got the tarantula about 2 weeks ago and they told me he had just ate but he hasn't eaten for me yet and when I tried he spit it out and when I found the yellow around its mouth it was all around then when I recently checked on him it was small and not all around his mouth and I get his crickets from a local pet store but recently most my crickets are turning black and dying does anyone know what this yellow around my tarantulas mouth is

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
Could you post some pictures of the mouth area please? It will make it much easier to find out what it is.
Sounds like it has nematodes :/ which is definitely not good

Tarantula65

Arachnopeon
I came to the conclusion after doing some reaserch and looking at Google images and I'm pretty sure that's what it is but I will try to get a picture to post also

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I came to the conclusion after doing some reaserch and looking at Google images and I'm pretty sure that's what it is but I will try to get a picture to post also
If you have other Ts move the effected one away from the others.. Don't use any of the same tools that you use on it on other Ts and work with that one last.. Just to be safe. Hopefully it's just feces..

Tarantula65

Arachnopeon
14773726815171057445236.jpg
After a minute of trying to get a picture what used to be a little yellow dot is now a long yellow thing hanging from his mouth

Tarantula65

Arachnopeon
And next to that yellow stringy piece there is another smaller one about a quarter of the way down the long one in the picture and the little one is still right under his mouth

14pokies

Arachnoprince
And next to that yellow stringy piece there is another smaller one about a quarter of the way down the long one in the picture and the little one is still right under his mouth
That isn't feces unfortunately.. The pic is so blurry and dark I can't give an opinion on wether or not it's nematodes or possibly webbing..

Usually nematodes take on the appearance of a slimy white/yellow mass around the mouth and the Tarantula will have it's palps tucked under it's body..

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
One of my Ts died of nematodes. I'm sorry for you and the T. That looks like what my little Avic had. Fool that I was I got her from a lps. I just sat with her until the bitter end :(. And now I only get my Ts from this site, sold by members I'm used to. No more fatalities.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
One of my Ts died of nematodes. I'm sorry for you and the T. That looks like what my little Avic had. Fool that I was I got her from a lps. I just sat with her until the bitter end :(. And now I only get my Ts from this site, sold by members I'm used to. No more fatalities.
The long thready things are probably worms. Do NOT cross contaminate, and wash your hands thoroughly.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It kind looks like a paragordius tricuspidatus or something to that effect. If it is it's most likely come from a contaminated food source ie roaches of some kind as the larvae are often found in beetles, roaches, crabs etc. So like the other members have said quarantine the affected tarantula and take a quick look at any other tarantulas you own

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Yeah, it looks uncomfortably like a whipworm. I worry about getting those from pet-store crickets. Unfortunately those are the only game in town when it comes to crickets unless i choose to raise them. Which I have done, but it is a lot more trouble than I really like to commit to as a rule.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Crazy suggestion since the T is going to die anyway.. Why not try some panacur disolved in water.. Pinch grab the T flip it over and administer it to the mouth parts..

Chances are it's going to kill the T but what if it works..