Ybyrapora Diversipes

Baby T

Arachnoknight
I ordered an Ybyrapora Diversipes! Another T I've wanted for a while. @viper69 I've read that their care is very similar to C.versicolour. Watching Tom Moran he says he moistens the base of the cork bark... Is this beneficial or are they good with just a water dish?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
I have 3 female diversipes (was hoping for a male but all female). I keep them the same as my versi, water dish, a bit if a spray once a week and that's it. Never had any issues.

Don't forget the relative humidity in the UK is an average of 60% most of the year, and being in a container/tank increases that further, so there really is no need to keep this or most spiders any higher (the only exception I have to that are my Theraphosa species).

Baby T

Arachnoknight
[
I have 3 female diversipes (was hoping for a male but all female). I keep them the same as my versi, water dish, a bit if a spray once a week and that's it. Never had any issues.

Don't forget the relative humidity in the UK is an average of 60% most of the year, and being in a container/tank increases that further, so there really is no need to keep this or most spiders any higher (the only exception I have to that are my Theraphosa species).
Great, thanks for the info. I suspected and read that they are kept the same as C. versicolour. I already have one of those so shouldn't be an issue!

I've also read they are stunning as slings and juvie's then lose their colour when they mature... Is that really the case?

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
[

Great, thanks for the info. I suspected and read that they are kept the same as C. versicolour. I already have one of those so shouldn't be an issue!

I've also read they are stunning as slings and juvie's then lose their colour when they mature... Is that really the case?
Unfortunately yes that is very true. Sub adult pic below.
20210425_162001.jpg

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Oh wow!!! That's quite a change! I hope they make up for it in personality!! :D
Beauty is in the eye if the beholder as they say. Ha ha.
Typical arboreal really, lumber along and hide in a tube web most the time. Not selling this species very well am I??? 🤣🤣🤣

I do like them tho

Baby T

Arachnoknight
Beauty is in the eye if the beholder as they say. Ha ha.
Typical arboreal really, lumber along and hide in a tube web most the time. Not selling this species very well am I??? 🤣🤣🤣

I do like them tho
I'm sure I'll love it just the same as my others!! At least it'll give me a visual feast for a while!!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Care for the vast majority of the Aviculariinae subfamily is exactly the same, I've always kept about 1/3 of the sub moist for slings and just overflow the water dish for juvies/adults. IME keeping Aviculariinae bone dry works OK in the summer when RH is in the 60's/70's but in winter where a combination of dry air and heating brings RH down into single figures it's a death sentence.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I ordered an Ybyrapora Diversipes! Another T I've wanted for a while. @viper69 I've read that their care is very similar to C.versicolour. Watching Tom Moran he says he moistens the base of the cork bark... Is this beneficial or are they good with just a water dish?
I don’t listen to Tom, so not sure where he came up with that specific info hah.

These can be kept just like other Avics

Remember their colors fade significantly as they mature. Gorgeous slings, adults not nearly as pretty, which is why I passed.

They aren’t as easy going disposition-wise compared to other Avics.

BillsSpider

Arachnoknight
Mine is growing very slowly, has molted twice in a year and has only gone from a half inch to a little less than an inch. Rarely leaves the web tube it made other than to grab food and run back in or get a drink

They aren’t as easy going disposition-wise compared to other Avics.
That was my reason for getting one actually lol, I prefer a little attitude from my T's

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Mine is growing very slowly, has molted twice in a year and has only gone from a half inch to a little less than an inch. Rarely leaves the web tube it made other than to grab food and run back in or get a drink

That was my reason for getting one actually lol, I prefer a little attitude from my T's
Not me- those days are over for me. No time to deal with that.

Baby T

Arachnoknight
Here is one molt apart. I have two, this one is growing really fast and the other not so much. I keep them like a versicolor, but they act more like a psalmopeus. I know they lose the coloration but I still think they’re underrated.
Wow beautiful! Thanks for the pics.
Nice to know they have someone in their mature fan club!

IMG_20210514_130449_2.jpg
It's here!!!
Anyone think it needs more foliage? I was reading that at this size they act more like Psalmopoeus and make web tubes nearer the bottom of the cork bark...

octanejunkie

Arachnoknight
Just picked this up in a collection sale, the seller didn't know what it was. My best guess using Google lens is Ybyrapora diversipes

PXL_20220101_003136167.MP.jpg
What y'all think?

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Just picked this up in a collection sale, the seller didn't know what it was. My best guess using Google lens is Ybyrapora diversipes

View attachment 407204
What y'all think?
There’s a place for species ID here but I do think it looks like ybyrapora diversipes. Can you ask the seller where it came from? Do you know the sex?

They’re one amazing species but there’s limited genetic diversity in the US hobby

octanejunkie

Arachnoknight
There’s a place for species ID here but I do think it looks like ybyrapora diversipes. Can you ask the seller where it came from? Do you know the sex?

They’re one amazing species but there’s limited genetic diversity in the US hobby
Bought a collection off a guy getting out of the hobby, he forgot what this was. He said he got it at the reptile expo. Gender is undetermined at this time.

I also just posted to the ID ME thread, thanks!

cold blood

Staff member
I have 3 sub adult females,, I can't tell you how many people see them and instantly claim "that's not a diversipes", because they have only seen pics of spiderlings.

View attachment 407204
What y'all think?
Not a diversipes, looks like one of the yellow banded pink toes...they have changed names and morphotyoes and I don't recall which species they are atm.

octanejunkie

Arachnoknight
Not a diversipes, looks like one of the yellow banded pink toes...they have changed names and morphotyoes and I don't recall which species they are atm.
You mean Avicularia rufa?

<edit>

Mine doesn't have as pronounced pink toes, that I've seen yet... Another thought was an Iridopelma sp...