Yay.

Do you have a Mature Male Rose Hair you're willing to loan?

• Yes

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Even if i do I won't tell

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My Female Rose hair just had her Ultimate Instar on Thanksgiving.Yay.Any Suitors?:D =D :D =D :D =D

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by Exodus
My Female Rose hair just had her Ultimate Instar on Thanksgiving.Yay.Any Suitors?:D =D :D =D :D =D
Females don't have ultimate instars, do they?

Bill

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They do indeed my dear buddy.An "Ultimate instar" is when a Tarantula becomes sexually mature,so It can no matter the Sex,It still happens.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
They do indeed my dear buddy.An "Ultimate instar" is when a Tarantula becomes sexually mature,so It can no matter the Sex,It still happens.
So how do you know then, when a female is mature. Ultimate means last, does it not? I am always told telling when a female is mature enough to breed is almost impossible.

Bill

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Ask Other people about that one
No offense, but that's kind of a cop out. I am wondering what makes you know your rose hair is in it's 'Ultimate molt' and you seem really sure, so why can't you tell me how?

Bill

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have one, but it's already out on a breeding loan.

Botar

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I have one here, but he is here on loan. And AFAIK, there is no 'ultimate instar' for a female. There is NO surefire way to tell if a female tarantula is mature, unless she produces an eggsac. That is not my opinion, that is from people with WAY more experience than me on the ATS list.
We can GUESS that they may be mature, but we don't actually know unless we breed them, just thought I'd clear that up

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
As for breeding, I've also heard that you want to wait a couple months after the females molt to allow her body time to recouperate. This also allows her to be fully fed which might additionally help with the succussful mating.
As for a male rose, I have one I suspect is a male, but he is at least a year away from maturing, and he's spoken for as I have a large female as well.
Sorry I can't help now.
Ralph

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Botar
I have one, but it's already out on a breeding loan.

Botar
And I keep thinking that I'm going to lose him any day now, but he hangs on. I'm going to keep putting him with Viva until the inevitable end.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well he's had a good life... I wouldn't mind going out that way in the end.

Botar

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Females do have an ultimate instar, all it means is sexually mature and has nothing to do with 'last'. As to which one it is, yes, that is a bit fuzzy but it's still a valid designation for whatever moult it happened to be ;)

From the TKG:
After reaching maturity, subsequent moults and their corresponding instars are called first, second, third, and so on, 'post ultimate moult' or 'instar'. Ordinarily, male tarantulas never reach a postultimate moult or instar. However, female tarantulas commonly experience several to dozens of postultimate moults.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Botar
Well he's had a good life... I wouldn't mind going out that way in the end.

Botar
Kicking and flailing with something's fangs stuck in your torso? That's pretty hardcore, babe! ;)