Yaaay! I did it! I commanded my cat!

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
First time in my life that I could command my cat to jump on my lap!

He had trained ME to lift him up but a few minutes ago I had a realization: That little lazy bugger knows exactly what I want of him - he just pretends that he doesn't, so that he gets his way! So I just commanded him with determination and he gave in and jumped up without much fuzz :D .

The last few weeks I've been spending more time with my little chubby boy doing more things with him his way, just to learn more about how he expresses himself and in that time I've learned how quick he actually is at picking up what I want of him also! Often it only takes one round of discovering-doing-rewarding for him to remember it for a long while. That's especially true when he sees what is happening as beneficial for him. So now his little charade that he has been keeping up for so many years comes to an end... soon he'll go to work for me, buy the groceries, clean the house, and later I'll control the world via cats!! {D

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hehe yes it is a good feeling when you can get a cat to listen, at least once in a while.

My cats come when we whistle, and will usually jump on your lap if you slap your hands on your thighs, usually accompanied with a whistle or a "c'mere *name*". My cats recognize their names, and cats in general recognize higher pitched sounds better than low ones, which is why they respond so well to "here kitty kitty kitty!" They also know when they've done something wrong, a stern look and voice will send them running for the door.

The best though, is that when you cry, they'll come running to comfort you, tail up in the air and concerned little mews and kneading. Of course, this also works if you fake it, its something my little brother used to deploy often to get their attention.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hehe, that's funny. when my bf's cat (the male) feels that the female gets too much attention or that he is getting too little attention, he goes into a different room and starts making sad little noises. our fault that this actually works...:eek:

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
YAY, you've reached a level of Cat Zen that few have acheived!!

2 of my cats are just too ornery, pigheaded, cantankerous, and evil to ever even lower their standards to actually "listen" to a human. The other cat is so overly friendly she will kill herself trying to do what you ask of her, I think shes retarded...so I cant really say shes "obeying". Ill stick with my goat, he just knocks you down if you get on his nerves :D

Cirith Ungol

Old Timer
Well... zen... Not sure. Today my cat responded also... but more like "Na. We've done this already and it's boring. Pick me up instead". I should have played the lottery that day instead, I'm sure I'd have won :rolleyes:

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well... zen... Not sure. Today my cat responded also... but more like "Na. We've done this already and it's boring. Pick me up instead". I should have played the lottery that day instead, I'm sure I'd have won :rolleyes:
I think you cab get him to jump up if you scratch their cheeks. They love it, and I've heard this helps them release a chemical which they then rub on you (cause they love you of course lol) by doing that thing where they rub they're face and cheek on your palm, or how they rub they're cheeks on your legs.

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My cat knows where the roach table is. (Where i keep the stacks of my roach tubs) If i ask her "want a roach" she hops walk to the table and hops up on it. (She loves playing with a big male hisser)

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my cat will do just about anything i want. as long as im holding a package of shaved ham. i think they are very good at training us.

Cirith Ungol

Old Timer
haha, yeah they're just incredible. And stubborn like anything. My cat has taught me a new trick this week -

He'll sit next to my head when I'm trying to sleep and he'll silently squeal in regular intervalls until I grab him, turn him arround to the side, and put him down on the matress so that he's lying with his back pressed up against my head. I've done that twice with him before, so now he's started demaning I continue do that. Well... I guess that went both ways but he won't do it alone, my little poor cat needs help :wall: :D

Scratching cheeks - that's what he wants in the first place so if I do that before he jumps up he'll not jump because he got what he wanted. ;)

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Under Attack

house cats are the bane of the natural world ... i am sure they believe they are superior to all native lifeforms and when the rest of their fleet arrive from doing battle in the alpha centauri star system , we will all be assimilated..... we should prepair for battle people !!!!!! raise pokies cross bred with Aussie funnle webs to help us win against the evil Katzen empire!!!!

Cirith Ungol

Old Timer
house cats are the bane of the natural world ... i am sure they believe they are superior to all native lifeforms and when the rest of their fleet arrive from doing battle in the alpha centauri star system , we will all be assimilated..... we should prepair for battle people !!!!!! raise pokies cross bred with Aussie funnle webs to help us win against the evil Katzen empire!!!!
No silly talk in my thread!

Because we will never defeat them! By the time they land all domestic cats will already have trained us into submission! :D

Katy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My cat Lucy, (not the one in my avatar) knows the commands, "Come", "Up"(she pops up on her back legs), "Sit" and we're working on "Down"(lay down) and "Over"(rolling over).

She's a big attention whore, she does it all because I pet her and make a big fuss over her when she does. I tried training her with treats but she won't work for them, she just spends the whole time trying to get them out of my hand.

It can be done, you just have to find the right motivator! The problems is, I haven't found anything my other three cats care enough about to work for it...

It's hilarious to see her run over in the morning and want to do her tricks, and the great thing is, she's a calico and used to have psycho bitey moods, but those have stopped since I've started this.

Cirith Ungol

Old Timer
It's hilarious to see her run over in the morning and want to do her tricks, and the great thing is, she's a calico and used to have psycho bitey moods, but those have stopped since I've started this.
That's cool! Almost makes you wonder if it was out of boredoom.

My cat is also a semi attention whore but I doubt it would work, he's smart enough to play stupid and then make me do on him what I want him to do himself :D

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A minute ago I had the cat that visits us lying on its back, in my lap all four paws in the air "waving them round like it just didn't care" and croseyed to the sixfeet under cover of Sweet leaf, It was a sight to behold.

and this cat always comes and jumps on my lap when my musics playing

Cirith Ungol

Old Timer

Katy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That takes only an extremely malleable, putty-like cat.