Xystocheir dissecta taibona

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No decent pictures of these right now but found a few specimens in Michigan and was wondering about them. I know nothing about what they eat or anything and there does not seem to be any reliable information online.

Anyone know anything about these?

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Then since nobody seems to know much, maybe I can offer some information on these. They look in appearance similar to Narceus americanus albino with some features that make them resemble flat millipedes in some ways. It is hard for me to comment on which ways in which they share appearance because I lack the proper vocabulary to speak on millipede anatomy, but I will take some good pictures later tonight and share.

They are predominately a light gray that borders on white and the individuals which are freshly molted are much whiter in appearances.

They appear to prefer rotting wood and have eaten some of the coconut substrate that I currently have them housed on. They are also communal which is a bit bizarre. Its interesting watching them follow eachother around the terrarium.

They are the largest millipedes that I have so far managed to find here in Michigan. The largest individual that I have is about 1 3/4" long and the rest range around 1 1/2".

Many similarities with the Narceus americanus I have kept.