Xochie's pet

Xochie

Arachnopeon
Sorry the pix arn't very good, she doesn't wanna get out of her hide...I'll keep my eye on her and try to snap some when she's out

Last edited:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think you should give her some more substrate to play in, my female always played and dug in the substrate.

Xochie

Arachnopeon
thanx for the info! I've got some substrate ( forest bed block ) that I haven't used yet. My tank is pretty boring compared to all the others that I've seen. When I re-house, I'll try to rearrange and add more substrate (I'm not liking the coconut subtrate that I currently using)

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
thanx for the info! I've got some substrate ( forest bed block ) that I haven't used yet. My tank is pretty boring compared to all the others that I've seen. When I re-house, I'll try to rearrange and add more substrate (I'm not liking the coconut subtrate that I currently using)
yup, no problem. I'd reccomend adding that and then just add some more bark or wood and just randomly stack them here and there. Also if you want it to look more "natural" don't lay the ground flat like you have there, just make it assending from one side to the other.

Xochie

Arachnopeon
thought about that too, but wasn't sure. Maybe when I rehouse, she'll be more out & about (which will = more pix)

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
thought about that too, but wasn't sure. Maybe when I rehouse, she'll be more out & about (which will = more pix)
Yeah, right after you rehouse she'll probably be out more, but once she settles in you won't see her anymore then you do now because a hiding T is a happy T.

Last edited:

Xochie

Arachnopeon
okies, I took your advice and rehoused. Here is the finished produced (minus my T). Let me know what you think!!:D

Last edited:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Looks good, I'd stick in one more hide(like the log you had before), just so it has some variety and choose. Good job though.

Xochie

Arachnopeon
lol, yea that log will go in for sure (she is still in it in other temp container)! I make it a habit not to handle my T. I'm a scardy cat.:wall: :wall:

Xochie

Arachnopeon
okay, here is the finished product (T is in the newer hide)

Last edited:

Xochie

Arachnopeon
this is the best pix I can get of my C. fasciatum!

Last edited:

Natemass

Arachnolord
Old Timer
very nice new enclosure and CF, take a paint brush and persuade her out and take a pic of her were all waitin to see her annoyed pretty little face

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I agree, looks very very nice now! I'm sure it will love it's new home and all it's new dirt to play in. :D Good job!:clap:

Xochie

Arachnopeon
tyvm, I'm not the most creative person, but when you said to add the other log, everything seemed to fall into place!! Thanx guys!!! I'm very happy about her tank now,:D :clap: :worship:

Xochie

Arachnopeon
well, it's been a while and this is the closest she has came from exploring her re-arranged tank. Did I make her mad??

Last edited:

Xochie

Arachnopeon
WOOT! my T is finally out of her hide and I got a few shots of her, but when I tried to upload the pix, it says that i've exceeded my pic quota...what does that mea?:confused: :confused: