Xenesthis immanis needs help

tony77tony77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a 4" LS Xenesthis immanis that is not eatting and getting weaker very day. Right now its just sitting in one spot. It molted about 3 months ago since then it only ate 2 circkets. It use to eat 4 circkets a week. It has water and everything. its abdomen is not shriveled so I know its not dehydrated.... anyone know whats wrong with it? What should I do?

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are you sure she has enough humidity? X. immanis is one of the few species, that actually require high humidity.

tony77tony77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Its leg are starting curling a little bite. It dont move when I blow on it.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i would put it in ICU,large container,moist paper towel,waterdish and see if that helps alittle,good luck hope it makes it.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
From the looks of it you just soaked the substrate right?
You are keeping her way to dry. You dont want the substrate wet, just moist. The whole back half of your tank is bone dry. And I bet the whole tank was like that till you added water.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
wow very beautiful spider,yes humidity is very important for this sp.

tony77tony77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
From the looks of it you just soaked the substrate right?
You are keeping her way to dry. You dont want the substrate wet, just moist. The whole back half of your tank is bone dry. And I bet the whole tank was like that till you added water.

It been dry for about 2 weeks but it been always moist b4 that, I dry out the tank because I thought it was too wet. How to the T look?

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Okay, first thing I would do is remove the T from the enclosure. Now completely remix your substrate with enough water to dampen all the way through and add more substrate. It doesn't look like you have enough in there. Some like to dig so give it a good four inches in case it's stressing because it can't burrow down.

Mist this species at least once a week. It's got a good sized abdomen. It's not outside the realm of possiblity that it's coming into another molt, either.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It been dry for about 2 weeks but it been always moist b4 that, I dry out the tank because I thought it was too wet. How to the T look?
Humidity is a big thing with these guys. They need it more then most species. Wet is they way to go. I'd almost venture you are safer being to wet sometimes then to dry.

worm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
you know ive got to say the more i look at this sp. the more i like them....but you dont hear alot about them i just went to botar's site and didnt see them but im shure he's got them but looks like a bad ass spider to have.\

but id have to say the best thing to do is to do some background research on the spider find out where he used to live at and try to recreate that in your cage...i know it sounds crazy but its working for me. My singapore blue is doing great and i belive i got a good set up that isnt to hard to keep up with and everyone told me that this was going to be a hard sp. to keep due to humidity and heat levels..But i did a google search and checked the weather in the singapore rainforest and such and went with it. Winter time is harder to keep than anything for me but so far so good.

Last edited: