Xenesthis immanis female

Zevil

Arachnosquire
Hi guys. Does anyone know the color difference between a male and female X immanis? I heard that both gender are colourful but the males look brighter.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Like Phampobeteus and Phormictopus, X immanis males get very colorful on their legs aswell. On tibia especially. The pattern on the carapace can be a little brighter but not alwsys IME. Then the males are much thinner build than females

Zevil

Arachnosquire
Like Phampobeteus and Phormictopus, X immanis males get very colorful on their legs aswell. On tibia especially. The pattern on the carapace can be a little brighter but not alwsys IME. Then the males are much thinner build than females
So the females only have color on their carapace?

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes, they have jet black legs. Of course their may be one or two females with little purpke sheen on their legs, but usally they are black

Zevil

Arachnosquire
Yes, they have jet black legs. Of course their may be one or two females with little purpke sheen on their legs, but usally they are black
Okay. What about the Phampobeteus and Phormictopus females, do they have coloured carapace with black legs too?

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They look totally diffrent than X immanis. Some Pamphos do have a resamblence to Xenesthis sp, in that they have similair markings on the carapace. What i meant with the comparison about the males though is that males get the similair kind of coloring on the front legs

Zevil

Arachnosquire
They look totally diffrent than X immanis. Some Pamphos do have a resamblence to Xenesthis sp, in that they have similair markings on the carapace. What i meant with the comparison about the males though is that males get the similair kind of coloring on the front legs
Oh what I meant is pampho and phormic females have nice colors on the carapace?

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
But as i said, all 3 genus look totally diffrent, with some Pamphobeteus speicies have a recemblence to Xenesthis. They are totally diffrent in price to, and in general defenssivness, Phormictopus sp are generally defenssive and feisty, more so than Xenesthis and Pamohos
I have had alot of Xenesthis sp during the years, and believe me, they are amazing. But very expenssive, mire nervous and way mire sensitive than the other genus in general. I like all of thise genus especially the Phormictopus

Zevil

Arachnosquire
But as i said, all 3 genus look totally diffrent, with some Pamphobeteus speicies have a recemblence to Xenesthis. They are totally diffrent in price to, and in general defenssivness, Phormictopus sp are generally defenssive and feisty, more so than Xenesthis and Pamohos
I have had alot of Xenesthis sp during the years, and believe me, they are amazing. But very expenssive, mire nervous and way mire sensitive than the other genus in general. I like all of thise genus especially the Phormictopus
Is there a reason why are Xenesthis much more expensive since they kinda look similar?

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
But looking similair is not like looking alike. These spiders have similaur treats, but this doesnt mean they look alike. A Volvo looks similair to a Ferrari, but the price is not the same in a longshot!
I suggest you search for picture threads for those genuses

And further, the looks of spiders dont always determin the price. Mainly if a speicies is uncommon and harder to breed, and the eggsacks containing fewer offspringd, the prices usally are higher because there are fewer spiderlings. And the Xenesthis immanis is one of the harder speicies to breed in my experience, and the eggsacks they produce containing relativly few spiderlings

Last edited by a moderator:

cold blood

Staff member
Keep in mind, males and females look identical until the male matures.

Xenesthis immanis, really any Xenesthis, is a spectacular looking t, IMO the most spectacular looking large NW terrestrial...female or male.

Pamphs and most Phormics are the same, that it's not males that are brightly coloured, it's MATURE males.

So the females only have color on their carapace?
All Xenesthis have this beautiful carapace.

Okay now I'm debating whether or not to get the immanis. It's for sale right now but the price is triple the price of a pampho or phormic.
Of the three, Phormics (most) are the most readily available and least expensive, Pamphs are less abundant and more expensive, Xenesthis are the least abundant (hardest to breed and smallest sac size) and by far the most expensive aside from a couple Pamphs that are priced like Xenesthis

Last edited:

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes, i was talking about adult males abov
Yes, i am talking about adult males, to clearify!