X. immanis PICs

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Here's a couple shots of 2 my sub-adult (they are both about 4" ) X. immanis. The purple markings on the carapace have come in more with each molt. The first one is a female and the latter is a male.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The hairs on the female's (first pic right) abdomen look purple in the photo. Is that some type of flash characteristic? Or does she actually have purple hairs on her abdomen? Is this a sexually dimorphic trait?

Big Dragonfly

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
The hairs on the female's (first pic right) abdomen look purple in the photo. Is that some type of flash characteristic? Or does she actually have purple hairs on her abdomen? Is this a sexually dimorphic trait?

Big Dragonfly
If the hairs appear purple in the pic ( they look sort of reddish to me now) I couldn't say it was only due to the flash because both photos were taken moments apart using the same camera, flash and lighting. I do know that a flash( or any bright light for that matter) can affect how certain colors appear. I am not aware of any sexual dichromaticism occuring in this species at the stage that these two are in.

Last edited:

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Re: hey

Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
great pic! is that the the one in yer avatar? or is that T.ap...

James

Thanks TL! Actually the one on my avatar is a Pamphobeteus nigricolor.