Wow

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hot damn! I am now an arachnosquire lol sounds a helluva lot better than peon!

Here is another tale from Chris' Pet (at your own risk) zoo...

This installment is about a B. Albo that was lost in shipping. She, along with 29 other spiders took 6 days to get here instead of over night. The box and all of its contents were frozen solid.

I figured what the hell... and placed the box in front of a space heater to thaw it out. Most of the vials contained dead spiders... one stunk so bad that it came VERY close to making me taste my lunch for the 2nd time. When I opened the last vial, to my great astonishment and awe... I got a face full of urticating hair!!! This is the only time I have ever been happy to be haired lol

For everyone's curiosity she is alive and eating well. She seems lame in one of her legs but I am sure that will work itself out.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Hey Chris, are we talking middle of the box, just missed the freezing point, or thawed out past ice cube stage?

Bill

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is really amazing. It just shows you how resiliant these creatures really can be.

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
There are also some of the costa rican tiger rumps showing signs of life... 3 of them move their abdomens but seem to be paralyzed.

One (much to my amazement) seems to have just molted!! It has use of most of its legs but still seems pretty clumsy.

After a couple of nights in the ICU I have mashed up some crickets and placed them under the spiders... I will keep you all posted on the progress

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Any idea how long they were frozen? Makes me wonder just how effective the freezer method of euthanization might be.

Bill

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am sure they were frozen for a while judging by how cold that box was

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
wow....
I guess that really says it all!
Keep us updated on the status...this is fascinating (and awesome!) news!