Wow what a robustum!!

teamster6

Arachnopeon
I have a female robustum I bought oh I would say about 5 inches now. She moves pretty slow wanders the tank but does not hide all the time. At night she roams all over the place.

I noticed she was not eating great. She goes after crickets but chases them and does not seem fast enough to catch up and grab them almost like she is playing with them. I wondered if she might be in pre moult.

I thought well I will try feeding her with a set of tweezers and see if she grabs it. Wow big mistake what a defensive posture. Jesus she whirls and whirls around lightning fast.

As fast as she moves in the defensive mode I cant figure out why she cannot grab the crickets.

t6

Ms.X

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a female robustum I bought oh I would say about 5 inches now. She moves pretty slow wanders the tank but does not hide all the time. At night she roams all over the place.
Is your specimen a Haplopelma robustum or a Megaphobema robustum?

teamster6

Arachnopeon
This one is a m robustum the red columbian giant. On the substrate she is in a ten gallon tank and its about 8 or nine inches deep. I have a hide on top and she stays in there. Has no inclination to dig down.

t6

snakecollector

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
She's not digging?

That's strange mine has dug an underground city in her enclosure. My males didn't dig as much but still had a hole or two. Maybe you could start her a hole and see if she starts renovating. She will be happier if she can hide.

Mez

Arachnoknight
Is the substrate moist or dry? Try starting one for her..

teamster6

Arachnopeon
I have the substrate moistened on her. She has a large burried flower pot she goes inside of most of the time. I will try digging her a hole and see what she thinks. She's a nasty girl and does not like anything getting even close to her. I was pretty suprised at the whirling speed I had never witnessed this before with a t

t6

teamster6

Arachnopeon
no kind of put its ass in the air and immediately starting whirling around then running fast and whirling again.

t6

teamster6

Arachnopeon
Ha Ha I dug her a big hole the other night and she covered it up completely. Guess she does not want any digging.

t6