WOW! I just got an Usambara at the swap meet and look at it eat!!!

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, I'm going to try doing the old world thing once again. I picked up a small Usambara today for 20 bucks. This guy, hopefully gal, is just absolutely gorgeous! I decided to see how gumptious it was and gave it a superworm. Well, it loves superworms! I was surprised, because I have never given a superworm this small of a spider.

Here's a pic:

Oh yeah, and how does bone dry peat and a water dish sound for a setup?

Jon

Last edited:

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi.

That's A gorgeous T you have there, Mine is still a spiderling but growing fast. I keep mine a little more humid but thats because its a spiderling but I've heard they do prefere bone dry enviroment. a waterdish is good and thats about sufficient.
Well have a nice day
geo

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hi

wow scary little orange devil things huh? mine still runs into t's hide but i'm sure that will change very very soon \/ \/
:eek:

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have mine in a tank to wear the plastic is slick and thin and the spider cant climb so i have a hide in with her and she uses that i have a water dish and i keep it real dry in there

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You can moisten the peat at first. We never kept them completely dry and always gave them waterdishes with great success. They are interesting spiders to say the least. We had one that liked to use pieces of sphagnum moss in her burrows. It was amazing to see what she would come up with.

-Jill