Wow, found my sling after weeks !!!

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I found my sling C.fimbriatus after weeks - like maybe since mid-September. Very thirsty and dehydrated, and I cannot believe it survived weeks of cleaning and vacuuming (I'm a bit OCD so how it eascaped that ... who knows) and two puppies little inquisite noses.

So it's in a little house now drinking up water droplets eagerly. I am so relieved !!!

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I found him in the bathroom, on my slippers. I first thought it was a cricket escapee ... but then realised it couldn't be a striped cricket !!
I have read somewhere that they can "smell" water so maybe thats why he ended up there ??

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm glad you found it before the hoover tornado stuck. :)

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How far from the point of escape did you find him?

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That is one lucky sling!!!!!!!!!!!! When I first got my avic slings once got out of the enclosure and i finally gave up looking for it after about 5 days. Then one evening I'm on the sofa watching tv and it was running up my arm. I almost swatted it thinking it a fly or something. lol. i was so shocked!

Arachnopeon
Nice. I'm still looking for my P.Lugardi and P.Regalis. Although I doubt the Regalis survived, the Lugardi's gotta be somewhere.. its been about 2 months.

Stewjoe

Arachnosquire
I just lost my >1" G rosea, I only had it a week. It got out of a closed small kritter keeper. It got out before but it was on top of the kk but I sealed the holes where the handles are which i was %99.9 sure that's where it got out. I have no idea how the thing got out this time.

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I posted a pic of the little perspex/acrylic cubes I had made for my slings after 2 of them "escaped" and I had no idea how. The lids seemed secure to me.

Since then, I've actually watched a tiny sling lift the lid up ... they are much stronger and craftier than one thinks. I now tape the lids down with duct tape {D