Would I have to drill more holes in this for a GBB?

cold blood

Staff member
Terrestrial species kept predominantly dry do not require a lot or any special kind of ventilation. You could literally get away with 1/4 of whaty you have.

ImSupposedToLoveYou

Arachnopeon
Terrestrial species kept predominantly dry do not require a lot or any special kind of ventilation. You could literally get away with 1/4 of whaty you have.
I appreciate it, thank you!

You are obviously very knowledgeable. When you use coco fiber, do you use the loose bags or the bricks? I find the bags are still pretty moist, and like to put it in the oven to dry it for arid species. Should I even bother? Is that overkill, you think? I know the bags are obviously more expensive, but I work in the pet industry and get them at distributor pricing so I don't feel as bad using the bags. I hate the bricks.

cold blood

Staff member
When you use coco fiber, do you use the loose bags or the bricks? I find the bags are still pretty moist, and like to put it in the oven to dry it for arid species.
when putting it in an enclosure, you want, no, need it to be holding some dampness, this is the onlly way it will tamp down properly
Should I even bother?
Nope, embrace the dampness. I am always surprised at people's fear of a little dampness that lead them to over drying everything in sheer panic....lol.
I hate the bricks.
I dont like them either.

I generally prefer either peat or plain old cheap top soil...coco fiber is nice, just expensive and that adds up with a roomful of ts

ImSupposedToLoveYou

Arachnopeon
when putting it in an enclosure, you want, no, need it to be holding some dampness, this is the onlly way it will tamp down properly

Nope, embrace the dampness. I am always surprised at people's fear of a little dampness that lead them to over drying everything in sheer panic....lol.

I dont like them either.

I generally prefer either peat or plain old cheap top soil...coco fiber is nice, just expensive and that adds up with a roomful of ts
Thank you so much for the advice! :)