Worried..is she okay? 😟

BoMenzzz

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, I have a Regal Florida who I presume is in moult. I have no clue on current Instar as it wasn't advertised to us when we got her.

The other 4 beauties I have, all had successful moults so far.. but I'm worried about this one. I haven't seen her for about 3 days now.. she's made a thick hammock in her cocoon which makes it impossible to see inside.

She was really active and inquisitive (such a darling really) before this period of her being away

My partner says she'll be fine and not to worry but I miss her and I really hope she's okay. 🥺

I've uploaded a pic of her hammock and what she looks like before hiding 🥰

Attachments

goofyGoober99

Arachnosquire
Awwww what a cutie! My regal spent over a week in her hammock the last time she molted. Seems to be the bigger they get, the longer they'll spend in premolt, molting, and hardening up. I know it's hard not to worry but it's definitely not out of the ordinary 🧡

Theraphosphor

Arachnosquire
Looks fine to me. My Ellie refused food for a few days prior to molting. She even bit a mealworm, but didn't eat it. Came out super-skinny afterwards, buy you need to wait a couple days before offering food. Throw a couple large fruit flies (D. hydei) in there to gauge willingness to eat.