Worried about my*Euathlus sp. Red

Duffman1990

Arachnosquire
At the size that T is at, did you put in a kind of water dish? A water bottle cap works nicely.
Yes i got a the smallest water dish i could get at petco and put some fish tank pebbles in it for her to stand on and the crickets so they don't drowned.

cold blood

Staff member
Yes i got a the smallest water dish i could get at petco and put some fish tank pebbles in it for her to stand on and the crickets so they don't drowned.
A great waterdish for youngin's is the top of a bottle of water.;) Perfect size and basically free.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
At 2-2.5" mine already have a standard waterdish for juvies, I provide that from 1.5" onward. A T of that size simply won't get into the water to drown. There's a reason why Poecies and some other species are able to literally dive and stay underwater for a period of time if they perceive that is a good safe spot for the time being. No worries about the T drowning, it won't.

Example with my B. boehmei juvie male - ~3"

Duffman1990

Arachnosquire
IMAG0093.jpg
This is her enclosure right now im keeping one corner near her water dish damp but the rest dry

IMAG0092.jpg

cold blood

Staff member
I'd personally use a water dish with less depth and not quite as big. Why isn't there a hide in there?

TCVulpes

Arachnopeon
The one i bought at petco was to big to fit in so i need to find something else that i can use.
Look in the fish section at PetCo or PetSmart. I'd gotten the plastic half-coconut hide thing from the herp section and it was far too large as well. In the fish section though there was this perfectly sized mini "rock tower" type thing with a couple of small plastic leaves glued to it. I thought the opening might have been to small for her but it wasn't and she loved going in there. This week she's been in a bit of a snit after I de-webbed her cage and has been in there a lot. There's enough room for her to turn around comfortably and she's pulled some substrate up to partially block the entrance.

Duffman1990

Arachnosquire
Look in the fish section at PetCo or PetSmart. I'd gotten the plastic half-coconut hide thing from the herp section and it was far too large as well. In the fish section though there was this perfectly sized mini "rock tower" type thing with a couple of small plastic leaves glued to it. I thought the opening might have been to small for her but it wasn't and she loved going in there. This week she's been in a bit of a snit after I de-webbed her cage and has been in there a lot. There's enough room for her to turn around comfortably and she's pulled some substrate up to partially block the entrance.
Well ill go back and get something more her size then so that she at least feels like there is someplace for her to hide