Worried about my B. Emilia

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And nobody made a joke about "thong feeding "? I feed mine with tongs, so that might be part of the problem :p.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I want her to be a fat girl, because my other females are really fat like 200% of the size of their carapace.
Really fat = increased risk of injury = shortened lifespan

thong feeding
I had visions of something along the lines of a slingshot... {D

amp4ana

Arachnopeon
UPDATE:
Hey guys, I thought she starts feeding.. I saw her eating but she only ate about 5-10% of the body of the dubia.. She only ate the left side of the dubia..

About the thong feeding, crap can't edit it anymore :wall:
Thong all the way {D

Krayzie

Arachnopeon
My female adult emilia also having eating problem, she's about 3.5 inch.

since the first time i got her, she was bit bulky. A friend told me she was just molted in the beginning of February 2011.

but now she has lost her eating appetite, i have been trying to give her crickets, meal worms and super worms but she doesnt like them all.

2 days ago, i put large of amount of Ant larva into her dish and the next morning i found out that she only had a little of larva.

now her abdomen doesnt that bulky seems that she used to be !

anyone know what's the problem with her ?

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
Amp4ana: try switching to crickets or lateralis instead of dubias coz the exoskeleton of dubias are a little thicker than the crix and lats... Eating 5-10% is better than not eating at all... At least it could be a start of good things to come...

amp4ana

Arachnopeon
Ok thanks for the advice, I'll try to give her a crushed-head superworm. I'm worried because I will be out for about 45 days and no one will look for my T's and my Emilia is so thin and I worry she might suffer starvation.