worried about my avic =/

By-Tor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, I'm home today from school with mono (gf has it too) and i got up and went to check on my spiders see if my smithi molted yet and i looked at my a. versi and she was on the web hammock she'd made but bent out of shape. the left legs were all high on the webbing stretched out and forward while the right side was just sorta being crushed under her. not curled up just supposrting all of her weight, and her palps were pushed way to her right side... i would have taken a picture but i don't have a camera.

I'm not entirely sure what i should do. She has been refusing food for about 3 weeks now, only 1.5-2" big and there is no exuvium lying around or change in her size...I opened it up and put a little water on her webbing in front of her unlie normally runing and hiding she just raised up her front legs and let it dribble towards her. Understanding that they are really fragile at that size....should i move her to an ICU or see if she is trying to molt upright for somecrazy reason?

By-Tor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
just looked at her a few minutes later and she is molting up right....ah crazy little Sycorax scaring the crap out of me...

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Avics will molt in some weird positions sometimes. But most of the time they know whats best and picked that spot for a good reason. Just keep an eye out incase anything gets stuck, but things should be just fine.

I remember the first time I saw my versi molt in a tube of webbing like that, I just remember thinking (there is no way shes going to pull that off in that space) but she did and was fine.

By-Tor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yea she finished, nothing got stuck but she did fall out of her hammock, but seems to be stretching out on the floor...the fall was only about 1/4-1/2 an inch and i don't see any injuries..

Still a pretty green but losing that metallic shine with a hint of red on the butt...