worms

nikesh

Arachnopeon
hi, is it a good idea to put some earth worms in my tank...ive heard that they clean the substrate by eating cricket legs etc etc...

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Someone here said they did it and had no problems...
Thy even forgot about them since they where that little of a bother.
But don't take my word for it.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Someone here said they did it and had no problems...
Thy even forgot about them since they where that little of a bother.
But don't take my word for it.
I threw some earth worms in my tank to see if it would help the little eco system (since the emps didn't seem fond of them) the amount of good it did was negligible. I then put in isopods, little rolly bugs, and they help immensely to clean the carrion. {D {D {D

nikesh

Arachnopeon
I threw some earth worms in my tank to see if it would help the little eco system (since the emps didn't seem fond of them) the amount of good it did was negligible. I then put in isopods, little rolly bugs, and they help immensely to clean the carrion. {D {D {D
are isopods like wood lice?

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
are they rolly pollys?

The ones that roll into a ball? And are purple/blue.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
those are another type of isopod. i have both in my emp tanks

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My scorps tend to leave them alone and never bother to even eat them. They also reproduce rapidly giving you a few more scorp tank janitors.

Lawisme

Arachnopeon
can someone post pics of that isopod ur talking about? hehehe tnx or maybe a link or something...hehehe

nikesh

Arachnopeon
i went on a hunt for isopods today..i found about 6 of them and just put them in my tank.. hope it works well

Lawisme

Arachnopeon
i never knew those rolly bugs at our backyard could be so useful hehehe just put in 5 isopods in my tank...what specificaly do they feed on? food leftovers or scorp poop?

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i have pill bugs and sow bugs in my tanks and am trying to get a colony of the dwarf white isopods going. Bug Chick has a few diff kings even orange ones

Lawisme

Arachnopeon
the kind that i have were those purple blue ones...is there any difference with regards on how they act with other kinds of isopods?

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes they do, but most of their diet consists of rotting plant matter.