Worm-feeding method!

kupo969

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I typically remove their hide and "spoon feed" it to them, but they usually just get very mad. Anyone have a better method? I think ima just go back to crix.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Crickets and fruitflies...maybe a gecko here and there ! :)

Oh and roaches ! {D

Only feed my T's worms !

kupo969

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hehe these guys love worms, but one of them went into full attack mode and started attacking my tweasers. :p

Thanks for the reply :)

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would feed my tropical scorpions (Pandinus and Hets) meal worms and super worms.

I would:
A) hold it by the head with 12" tweezers (so that it would twirl around) and then hold it in front of the hide to entice them and they would pull a snatch and run maneuver.
B) just drop them into the hide and most of the times they would get them, if not... in a few weeks I would just remove the wondering darkling.
C) or section it up into 1/4s, mostly I would do it that way when I was feeding the babies. (that would take along time though)

hail-mike

Arachnopeon
a buddy of mine fed a mouse to his p. imperator the other day and it was the saddest thing i think i've ever seen. before he threw it in there i was all for it but after about forty five minutes of the mouse continuously getting away from the scorp i just felt so bad. if the mouse wasn't in such terribly unhealable shape at that point i would of kept it. shortly there after the mouse was too tired to try and get away and it met it's demise.

petshopguy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I feed mine lobster roaches. I pick a suitable size and crush their head so they die right away and then i drop it in front of their hide. They almost always find it. It's typically gone by the morning.

kupo969

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice method Thaedion! I hope that will work, I use a cave hide though. Hopefully that will work.

Btw, isnt that black beetle or w/e it turns into harmful to the tank/scorps?

Last edited:

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've been feeding my scorplings maggots, and they seem to be these choice prey. My little H. Hottentotta absolutely slays maggots. I can see adults enjoying mealworms for sure...

FortCooper1982

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I found unless u want to see the kill (which lets be honest must of us do like seeing from time to time) worms are the worst, they just burrow, the scorp gets um in the end but changes are u wont see it!! something more active that doesn't burrow!