Wolf spider buried herself

Theraphosphor

Arachnosquire
Bernadette, a half dollar-sized wolf spider a friend gave me several weeks ago, has dug a pit and covered the top with her web. She's curled up as if hibernating, and I don't feel like destroying the web to make sure she's okay.

Is it possible that she's broody, and will start laying eggs soon? She didn't look gravid to me. I have a paper towel tube for her to hide under, and she's been using it. So I don't think she's in want of a hide.

The other photo shows her last week. I live in Connecticut and suspect she's a species of Tigrosa.

Attachments

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Bernadette, a half dollar-sized wolf spider a friend gave me several weeks ago, has dug a pit and covered the top with her web. She's curled up as if hibernating, and I don't feel like destroying the web to make sure she's okay.

Is it possible that she's broody, and will start laying eggs soon? She didn't look gravid to me. I have a paper towel tube for her to hide under, and she's been using it. So I don't think she's in want of a hide.

The other photo shows her last week. I live in Connecticut and suspect she's a species of Tigrosa.
It’s possible.

Theraphosphor

Arachnosquire
Update: She came out to eat a cricket. I'll check back tomorrow to see if she's back in her hidey-hole. She's so cute.

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
Wolf Spider Den ?

Last edited: