wolf ident please ty

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
dorsal shot similar to many spiders but this jet black belly w/ the white mark has got to be distinctive. habitat- among rocks along lake shore. southern Indiana. anyone recognize this species?

Last edited:

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
same spider was covered not to long ago in another thread, believe this just to be a darker colour morph.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=181481

Edit: one should actualy cross examine the photos before making a fool of himself they are different spiders, but their similirities gives place to start on id, or at least I hope :)

could you get a clear shot of its eye pattern?

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
wow, that ventral pattern should be easy to identify for someone who knows what they are doing (not me!). but agreed, maybe an eye shot would help a little too.

very cool.

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A color morph of H. baltimoriana or Pardosa moesta? I do not know diddly squat about the Pardosa genus. If it were a baltimoriana morph the habitat is not right. balti is a sand/black mucky prairie soil species. the only place i have found them is 4 hours drive to the northwest of where this spider was collected which was at the edge of a lake at a much higher elevation in rolling hill country dominated by oak/beech/hickory forest. thanks for the input. i will work on an eye pattern shot.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
hmmm, doesn't really scream hogna to me. could always be wrong though.

edit: maybe i am?

Last edited:

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
a better ventral shot. eye pattern pending...

Last edited:

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
I found that same exact species. Still can't find a 100% sure ID on it, but sure does eat like a champ.