wolf gender

Gears of War

Arachnopeon
i have two wut i thnk r wolfs. i dont havee a camera and cant post pics. yessterday i put them together and one looked like it ate the other one but i didnt the other ones fine. post pics of male and female wolfies. i live in RI if that helps with species a little

gunslinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There are TONS of species of Lycosid spiders. You will need to give more information if you really want someone to ID a spider for you.

1) size
2) pattern on the cephalothorax

Gears of War

Arachnopeon
well they both look tataly defierent thats wut i dont get.

1)

approx. 1inch

dark brown

no pattern

large abdomen

thin thorax

2)

approx. 1 inch

abdoman smaller than the thorax

dark brown with creme colord stripe down abdoman and on sides

the 2 one has been tapping its abdoman on the ground and bark in the container also. on the sides of its mouth is little stalks with raindrop shapes im def. a major noob on the names of the parts

gunslinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well like I said there are many many species of wolf spiders, as well as many other spiders that can be mistaken for them. It is not surprising they do not look the same.

If i get your description .....little stalks with raindrop tips .....could be a Male. The stalks near the mouth = palps. Larger bulb like ends usually indicates a male, female palps wont generally appear like that.

Wolf spiders can be differentiated from other types of spiders by eye pattern. Look at its eye pattern, and check out BugGuide.net for more help.

Gears of War

Arachnopeon
well the one with the large abdomen was gravid? cuz it dropped a sack. no clue if is fertile though. it looks more like the other wolfie now but still look different.