winter lighting

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Well, if for "lightning" you mean an "enclosure + heathing device" or similar, I can't help. Unless your room, or the room where you keep your arachnids, really is way too cold, the normal heathing system (like I use, and always used) or a space heather are fine.

ScorpionObsession

Arachnosquire
Depends on the scorpion, but most scorpions will be happy if they stay above 75°f even though most are happiest in low 80s to mid 80s

ScorpionObsession

Arachnosquire
Depends on the scorpion, but most scorpions will be happy if they stay above 75°f even though most are happiest in low 80s to mid 80s
Oh and to add on scorpions need NO light. But if you want one a infared heat lamp will do fine I use a 75watt infared bulb on my 10 gallon tank and need no other heat it keeps it 80-85 in the encolsure.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
What scorp(s) are you wanting to keep warm? An emporer would hate a heat lamp that would dry out the cage, but a desert scorp would love the extra heat so long as they aren't fried. If just in general, space heaters are the way to go. If not, then a heat lamp above the enclosure could help. Just be careful of heat and drying out the enclosure.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I dont do anything different, but i also have 2-3 infrared lamps going at once

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
@skorpidious that enclosure needs to be completely changed. They need several inches of moist Coco fiber or soil for burrowing. Take that sponge out of the water dish as it will only draw bacteria.

Whatever bark chip substrate you have in there now is not good.

They hate lights. If the temperature is too cold use an infra red lamp at the proper distance to avoid dessication. or a space heater. Heat mat could be a potential problem with drying out the enclosure.

JoshBC

Arachnosquire
new home bigger dish
Looking better man. Just a heads up though. If that wood hide is actually wood, it will probably mold from the increased humidity. Maybe keep your eyes open for a stone/composite hide. That's what I've been using for over a year and I've never had a problem.

20160602_003036.jpg