Will my Vietnamese Centipede eat itself to death on crickets?

a Kafka high

Arachnopeon
Just curious if it's possible to overfeed one. I'm giving it its second serving of crickets, for a total of 8 this week. I know crickets are pretty high in fat, like most bugs... so, will it just not eat them or will it grow faster, or will it bloat and die if I feed it too much?

yuanti

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know mine with roaches will kill them then leave them alone. I think they will not overgorge themselves but the bodies will start messing up the tank ;)

Just noticed mine has started to molt apparently so it is not eating.

konrad16660

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
its your cuz here. its not going to over eat. just make sure you dont put so much food in there, that it injures them. we will get together soon and feed him a nother' fuzzy.;P ;P ;P ;P ;P ;P ;P ;P ;P ;P :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: {D {D {D

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
most animals will actually eat themselves to a detrimental level, given the chance. i would say it is likely because in nature there is not usually an unlimited supply of low risk dining options.

i would suggest looking through a fair number of threads and kind of establishing what centikeepers seem to know what they are talking about and then taking a look at as much of their pics as you can find for the average level of "fatness" and shooting for that.

i get a fair number of CH babies from my WC adults and only feed my centipedes every 2-3 weeks with the goal of keeping the centipedes with side wall visible but not as "tall" as they are wide... if you can see what i am saying?

if nothing else, the more calories a creature consumes the faster it will die. this is especially true in the converse and with simple animals like these