Will glue fumes from tape kill a tarantula?

DeTwan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just moved my P. Rufilata to a new incloser from the small un-aboral one I purchased it in. I turned a tupper-ware on its side to give it a more vertical stance and use some packing tape to tape the lid closed towards the bottom. I scored the lid about halfway up so that it will flip down so I can feed and water. My question is... there are some small hole in and round the packing tape. When I get my nose close the tapes fumes are quit apparent, but not overly apparent. Will these fumes kill or harm the T?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If its just tape and you did not add anything I dont see that being a problem. Duct tape in my opinion smells like crap but its never caused any of my Ts to die. I use it to hold down some of the lids on my pokie containers.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My question is... there are some small hole in and round the packing tape. When I get my nose close the tapes fumes are quit apparent, but not overly apparent. Will these fumes kill or harm the T?
why not fill the holes with some substrate which would probably stick to the tape.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
... you forgot windex and WD-40;P
Im not a big fan of WD40........... or windex. Water and newspapers will out do windex.....(military trick truely streak free)

And CLP does much better then WD40..... (yet another military trick)

Derrick

Arachnopeon
I use large paper tubes and a hot glue gun.......works great. The hot glue gives off no odor even when hot. the tubes are a good shape and can be cut to different shapes. They are great for terrestrials.