Wildlife Photography!

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Got some pictures of some wildlife while in D.C. last week.

Squirrel

Another Squirrel

Pine needles from a tree native to China

Mossy rocks and fungus in the botanic garden

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I could have done without the flash reflection on it's face, but I found this fellow, something from the Scarabaeidae family-I believe one of the numerous types of May Beetles-after dark, so it was either bring it indoors and shoot it with a flash so I could release it immediately or wait til tomorrow and shoot it under natural light. I chose the former option. Only to turn my back for a few minutes to have the thing get loose in the house. I was unable to locate it, so maybe I'll get a natural light opportunity after all if I find it tomorrow.

Attachments

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Why did the ant cross the sidewalk? I don't know, but everyone else seemed to think it was a good idea! :D

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Juvenile Elaphe obselata I caught today. Feisty little guy only measured about 15 inches. Sometimes I wish they retained more of their juvenile pattern as adults. But on the other hand, they are pretty sleek with their black colouration as well.

Attachments

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's awesome Tim. I've never actually noticed all the detail on a grasshopper. The scaling on the rear set of legs is beautiful. I'm surprised that I've not noticed this thread before.

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

I love this picture.

---------- Post added at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 AM ----------

Hi
We do have one, but haven't used it too much.
I think a trip to the park is coming soon:D

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

And this one.

Caramell

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here's a gravid wolfie I found in my backyard one day last summer:

Malodave

Arachnopeon
Large Snake and Model

Here is one of mine. Bella, the snake is an Albino Burmese Python that is 20 feet long and weighed in at 300 pounds.

I am a pro level Photographer with cameras and lighting gear I have aquired over the past 30+ years of shooting. I am making a LED ringlight in a Canon ML-3 Ringlight housing. The housing mounts directly to Canon's macro lenses. It will have 108 LED putting out 50,000 mcd each. That calculates to 5.8 million mcds or about 2100 lumens which is about a 120 watt incandecsent bulb. I can turn on either side and have a total of 3.5 stops of light adjustment.

I will post some of my other macro shots soon.

Malodave

Attachments

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This wasn't taken in the wild, but it is a spider and I really like this picture.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Was your electronic device acting buggy?

{D
Haha. I was trying to take pictures of him and he wouldn't stay still, he eventually ran onto my electronic dice I made in my shop class and stayed put. Ended up making a good background. I call that picture, "Circut Spider" lol.

Heres a picture of a moth that was in my bathroom.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yum yum

a beautiful spidy in mexico

and this scorp i met in mexico