Wich one would you get (T. apophysis) or (T.Blondi)

Steveyruss

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Are the apophysis more expensive than the T Blondi's?
In pet shops I see Goliaths going for 100 pounds +!!!

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they are in the US, which seems to be opposite overseas lol...

Tony92

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I own both blondi & apophysis species & will say if you get the chance then go for the apophysis as they are generally harder to come across in the trade, both species are gorgeous to behold, but the leggier & more streamlined apophysis makes a better display animal.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And they have lovely purple overtone. Such a war machine... I like blondi as much though... just get both!!!!:worship:

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If you want darker color get the T apophysis. TA and TB are pretty similar to each other so i would go for the T apophysis because you will benefit more from it in the long run. first, they are more rare than T blondi. second, the babies are more cuter than T blondi because they have this pink foot. third, they don't flick a lot of hair. four, the male T apophysis have a purplish femur and very big and long. trust me you won't regret that you go with t apophysis. I have 12 T apophysis right now and 5 t blondi so far my favorite between the 2 is T apophysis :D

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I own both blondi & apophysis species & will say if you get the chance then go for the apophysis as they are generally harder to come across in the trade, .
they wont be rare soon i have 5 recently mated t apophysis hehehe 3 bloodliness i hope they drop some sacs :)

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
they wont be rare soon i have 5 recently mated t apophysis hehehe 3 bloodliness i hope they drop some sacs :)
I went with a T.blondi (most beautiful female I have ever seen)...but I am going to get T apophysis in one week. Put me on the list if you get a sac...I will take at least 10 of them

Thrasher

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The biggest T blondi i have had was 7.5" WC female long term captive. Oh wait, I still got her =) She is a sweetheart and never stopped eatting even during pre-molt. I had to cut down the amount cuz i don't want her to pop her belly. You'll never go wrong with a T blondi, but better buy them small and CB, unless you hope for an eggsac to drop =P I like watching them growing up =P And they grow relatively FAST.

Taki F&T

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I fully agree with getting both! :). Plus that list of best feeders just has to include L parahybana & T blondi. So there we have it, Top 5 feeders :worship:

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I fully agree with getting both! :). Plus that list of best feeders just has to include L parahybana & T blondi. So there we have it, Top 5 feeders :worship:
My L. parahybana eats everything.

treeweta

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have found apophysis less problematic than blondi, ive had blondis fail to over turn for moults, moult in a corner with legs awry and have problems, lose fangs at the moult. Ive never had a problem with apophysis.

they are physically distinct, blondi are far more heavily built, one of each with a similar leg span will show the blondi to have a larger carapace and thicker legs. sizes dependent on many things including genetics, not every blondi/apo will get to 10-11 inches.

apo hairs are VERY itchy though, far worse than blondis by a considerable margin.

Both are beautiful and well recommended.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Treeweta

It certainly depend on the individual Apophysis. My apophysis girl and a few other i have seen has same size carapace than a Blondi, actually mine is bigger than any blondis i have seen. But i do agree with you that it seems that blondi have much more trouble when it comes to mouling, but it is strange though, because they are closely related.

treeweta

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Treeweta

It certainly depend on the individual Apophysis. My apophysis girl and a few other i have seen has same size carapace than a Blondi, actually mine is bigger than any blondis i have seen. But i do agree with you that it seems that blondi have much more trouble when it comes to mouling, but it is strange though, because they are closely related.
thomas, from what ive seen if the blondi and apo have the same carapace measurement then the apo will have the larger leg span.

eg i have 2 moults, both have 35mm carapaces, the apo leg span is 9.25 inches, the blondi is 8.5, the blondi femurs are way thicker too. as you say individuals will vary though.

strange that blondi seem to have trouble moulting, unfortunately that can prevent obtaining a real giant over several years moults. my apo is 12 years though her last moult at 9.25 inches is far from huge, she might make 10 inches after 2-3 more moults.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
thomas, from what ive seen if the blondi and apo have the same carapace measurement then the apo will have the larger leg span.

eg i have 2 moults, both have 35mm carapaces, the apo leg span is 9.25 inches, the blondi is 8.5, the blondi femurs are way thicker too. as you say individuals will vary though.

strange that blondi seem to have trouble moulting, unfortunately that can prevent obtaining a real giant over several years moults. my apo is 12 years though her last moult at 9.25 inches is far from huge, she might make 10 inches after 2-3 more moults.
Ok it is also what everybody is saying. Maybe the Blondis i have seen are small or my apophysis girl is very huge. The persons that have been here and seen her "live" says she is a very big girl though. Maybe that is why i see it different;-)

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think that those giant Ts need more humidity when they molt, so the exoskelton won't stick.

treeweta

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think that those giant Ts need more humidity when they molt, so the exoskelton won't stick.
ive only had a blondi fail a moult because it turned over in the corner and its legs were all over the place and this seemingly hampered the process. ive had blondi moult in sodden tanks and quite dry ones, i never actually measured the humidity though.

treeweta

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok it is also what everybody is saying. Maybe the Blondis i have seen are small or my apophysis girl is very huge. The persons that have been here and seen her "live" says she is a very big girl though. Maybe that is why i see it different;-)
thomas, the only way to be sure is to measure the moults!! i have seen blondis that are quite old but rather small, sub 8 inches. from my experience a well fed animal from hatching gets to its 'annual moult size' at 3-3.5 years, im not sure what % of its potential genetic size this puts it at but if at the 3 year mark you have an 8.5 inch blondi you can bet it could get close to 10 over the next 5-6 moults. importantly a 10 inch blondi/apo is way more massive than one at 8, i'll guess at twice the mass.

bluegootty

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well in mine opion is dat u need to keep high humidity for blondi and same as apophysis... cover up ur encloser with some plastic food wrapper and keep a big but shallow water dish... then u should b fine ..mist every 3 days or so.....

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Depends if how old you are getting them. If you are going get them as slings go with the TA

If you are going get them as adults I would go with the TB