Wich one would you get (T. apophysis) or (T.Blondi)

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hey guys/gals whats up....I took my male T.blondi back, he started going south so I called my source back and he refunded me. I have a question I am going through another source and I have the option to get a (T. apophysis) or a (T.blondi) wich one would you get. I have heard the Goliath pinkfoot gets up to 13" and is leggier and the T.Blondi is bulkier. Wich one would you get? Any info would be appreciated.

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Personally I would get the blondi, but that's just because I have wanted one forever.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
T.blondi for me...with pure girth not to much comes close to a blondi....

wayne

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
T.blondi for me...with pure girth not to much comes close to a blondi....

wayne
Is the T.Blondi that much heavier, I thought they were pretty much the same size.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
length wise maybe but weight deffiently not close..TA's are known for being leggy(shaq) TB's got the weight(sumo wrestler)

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
length wise maybe but weight deffiently not close..TA's are known for being leggy(shaq) TB's got the weight(sumo wrestler)
I think I am with you on this one...(T.Blondi) it is....I will post pics friday, thanks for your help.{D

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
no worries.... i know lately, hobbyists are on this got to have everything rare kick but for shear mass you wont be disappointed...nothing like a classic:worship:

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
no worries.... i know lately, hobbyists are on this got to have everything rare kick but for shear mass you wont be disappointed...nothing like a classic:worship:
The T.Blondi is actualy what attracted me to this hobby.....I hope this T.Blondi will get bigger than the male I just returned.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my friend Tabbie has one that is 10" plus and several over 7"s, SO yeah..they dont disappoint..i have a 4" female, that will grow up one day and make me proud lol.....

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey guys/gals whats up....I took my male T.blondi back, he started going south so I called my source back and he refunded me. I have a question I am going through another source and I have the option to get a (T. apophysis) or a (T.blondi) wich one would you get. I have heard the Goliath pinkfoot gets up to 13" and is leggier and the T.Blondi is bulkier. Wich one would you get? Any info would be appreciated.

Maybe the blondi generally gets bulkier than apophysis, but i have never seen any blondi come close to my apophysis size, and that includes body size. I have 3 apophysis and find them very exciting T´s. So now you know my reccomendation;)

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey guys/gals whats up....I took my male T.blondi back, he started going south so I called my source back and he refunded me.

What exactly are you saying? What happened?

Anyways in MY OPINION, like Tomas said above me here, the Apophysis is underrated. First, they get BIG also, I've seen a female that I was positivly certain that it was one of the biggest blondis around, but no, it was an old Apo gal.

Regarding temperament and feeding, well....I have 4 Blondi's, three young and one subadult male. I also have 2 young Apo's and let me tell you, the blondis are like snails compared to the apo's. Those Apos pretty much explodes on the prey the same instance it hits the ground. I've seen them tuble and roll with the prey even. Such is the ferocity. Now that's sheer joy to watch. The blondis got nothing of that.

Top three T's to feed:
1. T. apophysis
2. P. cancerides
3. A. geniculata

spidersrclass

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've seen them tuble and roll with the prey even. Such is the ferocity. Now that's sheer joy to watch. The blondis got nothing of that.

Top three T's to feed:
1. T. apophysis
2. P. cancerides
3. A. geniculata[/QUOTE]

Everyone has their own opinion and IMHO every T has it's own temperament. I've seen my T Blondi roll about with prey items so many times, even when theres no need and its a little cricket the size of just 1 of her fangs she opens a can of whoop ass. All I am saying is, you cannot decide which T is better at a certain thing just by comparing your own, unless of course you own, lets say, over 100 of each.... then I think a comparison would be justifiable :clap:

spidersrclass

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What to do is read the T Blondi thread in the 'articles' section an make your own mind up dude :D

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would like to know for myself and I believe this is relevant to the OP, what are the approximate growth rates for a female of each species? I know there are a lot of factors involved but if they were kept the exact same way, does one generally grow faster than the other? I, myself, am becoming interested in someday getting one of the t-monsters, but I would like one that has a reasonable growth rate. I do have a g.aureostriata but she's only about 3.5 inches, so it'll be forever before she's up to her 7-8" adult size.
Thanks guys!!!

x-fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was going for T. blondi but here in Bulgaria, there were no slings left so ... i've got T. aphopysis. What i can tell you about it is ... it's the first one in my collection trying to grab it's pray with every silngle limb it has. It's always hungry, i think it grabs the crickets in the air :pP
It is still small baby with just a 5 molts behind it's back but ... i hope it will get bigger and more "female" with every single molt :)
If i can i'll get a blondi too, just to have the complete Theraphosa falimy :pP

silieputty

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would choose the T. apophysis. I have always tended to choose the "less common" and I also like the look of T. apophysis (the pink toes when young!) better.

bluegootty

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Or Better Yet..get 1 Of Each

HEY DONT B AFRAID TO BUY BOTH OF EM...every hobbiest in here start out with 1 and then the number jumps to god noes how far it goes.. but anyway .. i got both and they seem preety interesting and both r aggressive eater so.... hey wat ta hell.. mine opion is get BOTH......;) ;P {D

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yes my 3 Apophysis all attack there prey quickly and eat alot;-) They are all bad tempered though, so forceps would be adviceable. But they are all of them out in the open regularly, so you can see them.

But maybe you should by both species;-)

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I've seen them tuble and roll with the prey even. Such is the ferocity. Now that's sheer joy to watch. The blondis got nothing of that.

Top three T's to feed:
1. T. apophysis
2. P. cancerides
3. A. geniculata
Everyone has their own opinion and IMHO every T has it's own temperament. I've seen my T Blondi roll about with prey items so many times, even when theres no need and its a little cricket the size of just 1 of her fangs she opens a can of whoop ass. All I am saying is, you cannot decide which T is better at a certain thing just by comparing your own, unless of course you own, lets say, over 100 of each.... then I think a comparison would be justifiable :clap:[/QUOTE]I agree with that...I should put the post different...(what are your exsperiences with each)

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
What exactly are you saying? What happened?

Anyways in MY OPINION, like Tomas said above me here, the Apophysis is underrated. First, they get BIG also, I've seen a female that I was positivly certain that it was one of the biggest blondis around, but no, it was an old Apo gal.

Regarding temperament and feeding, well....I have 4 Blondi's, three young and one subadult male. I also have 2 young Apo's and let me tell you, the blondis are like snails compared to the apo's. Those Apos pretty much explodes on the prey the same instance it hits the ground. I've seen them tuble and roll with the prey even. Such is the ferocity. Now that's sheer joy to watch. The blondis got nothing of that.

Top three T's to feed:
1. T. apophysis
2. P. cancerides
3. A. geniculata
About half way through the day My newly purchased T.Blondi started tucking his legs under him.....leaning on his side...very enresponsive so I took him back and got a refund.