Why we all love centipedes...

Tarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi!

I found this about an hour ago...

Scolopendra heros castaneiceps

The hole is not more than 10mm across...

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:clap: oh yeah, they are amazing when it comes to escaping{D nice pede!

Pogi5

Arachnopeon
lol! it really is incredible how good these guys are at escaping.
good thing you caught him/her in the act before anything nasty happened!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Some serious escape artists! I wanna know how it got those legs through!

Tarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would also know how it did with the legs. When I removed the lid I hear how she moved then the only thing that was above the hole was the head. Only took a sec to crawl about 6 or 7cm down the hole. Impressive!

Arachnomaniak

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Amazing pets to keep as long as an escape proof centipede container can be setup LOL I've had them get out through the top slits/vents of Critter Keepers before!

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
'pedes are built a bit like an ice-cream sandwich. Two large rigid plates with smoooooth and creamy inside :). That's surely why we love them :)!!!! I've had my 4'' sc.h.castaneiceps go throught the top of a critter keeper in front of my eyes, they sure are impressing, thanks for the pics!!!!

phil.

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Curiosity has gotten the best of me, what species of Pede got the munchin'? :confused:

Tarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you read the first post before you reply I have written the species. Scolopendra heros castaneiceps... ;)

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have 1 pede I found her southern CA. He is turquoise and young. neshan thinks its a s. polymorpha. I love this guy! Got to see him snag a cricket and so he isn't afraid to eat in front of me. Haven't seen him try to escape yet. He is in one of those long hard beanie baby type cases that my husband had drilled tiny holes for him. Holes don't seem to be wide enough for him to get a good bite of to chew through. I have seen scorpions cutting holes in plastic like that one at a reptile show though.

Sharon