why klugi?

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is a non sense. Please dont pay attention to that stupid document.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Lol@ the picture of the nigriventer. Just about everything on that list is totally wrong.

Waxen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Heed the advice of the two smart gentlemen that posted prior to me. That article is so full of fail it can't help itself.

Take note that Phonenutria Nigriventer is the Banana Spider not the Wandering Spider they have listed. They have the right picture and latin name but the wrong common name. They were probably going for Phoneutria Nigriventer which is the Wandering spider. All this information can be found in about 20 seconds on google.

The spread of misinformation like this hurts the Tarantula hobby because some people would actually believe it. You're not going to die from a tarantula bite. It simply won't happen.

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Heed the advice of the two smart gentlemen that posted prior to me. That article is so full of fail it can't help itself.

Take note that Phonenutria Nigriventer is the Banana Spider not the Wandering Spider they have listed. They have the right picture and latin name but the wrong common name. They were probably going for Phoneutria Nigriventer which is the Wandering spider. All this information can be found in about 20 seconds on google.

The spread of misinformation like this hurts the Tarantula hobby because some people would actually believe it. You're not going to die from a tarantula bite. It simply won't happen.
You are aware they are ALSO called Banana spiders, right? Because they are--the whole genus is, in fact. Just one more reason common names are completely useless.

Waxen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You're completely right, Jebbewocky. An additional 10 seconds on google confirmed that Wandering Spiders are also called Banana spiders. How many common names does one spider need?

We are in agreement that common names are a waste. *sigh*.

mercury904

Arachnopeon
That is just a blog,wanting to gain views and the money right straight to his paypal account {D

Vespula

Arachnodemon
The only thing that article is good for is a laugh. Anyone else notice it said "Most Deadliest..." lol. That fails too hard!

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Why did you ask about the kluge? There's like three other Ts on there.

I've seen that list on at least three other sites and I have left comments on all of them.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That "Banana Spider" is not even a Phoneutria, it's a Nephilia. They are essentially harmless and sometimes referred to as a banana spider because they are shaped like a banana, not because they often are found in bunches of bananas, like Phoneutria are.

This may very well be the most misinformed article on spiders I have ever seen. It is absolutely chock full o' fail. Only 4 of the 10 spiders pictured are even considered medically significant.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
7). Tarantula ( Scientific name - Eurypelma rubropilosum)???
is that a Brachypelma smithi? :? if it is why is that one so deadly??
I Am so confused

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
7). Tarantula ( Scientific name - Eurypelma rubropilosum)???
is that a Brachypelma smithi? :? if it is why is that one so deadly??
I Am so confused
That spider will bite you so hard it'll knock you into another genus!

yannigarrido2

Arachnosquire
yeah that suck that just makes people fear tarantulas even more:mad:
i just hate it when people get misinformed because i get tired of keeping explaining to them that not all tarantulas have medically significant bite.

this article is already posted on the ripley's believe it or not book, i dont know which book

boonbear

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Everyone is wrong. They are the eighth deadliest for sure. They can jump 12 feet and spit lava.

Le Wasp

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wow, this article is hilarious! Thank you for sharing it!

"deadliest" spiders:
#1: argiope =/= wandering spider
#3: wolf spider. lol
#7: "Tarantula comes seventh as dangerous spider in the world." Even grammar fails this article {D

yannigarrido2

Arachnosquire
this article is just funny crap that misinforms people about tarantulas and this should not be published in any book.

Blackbeard

Arachnopeon
My B. boehmei can choke a grown man to death and she has a missile defense laser on her back.
I had to procure a permit that also allows me to own a fully functional main battle tank to keep her.
Just imagine what Eurypelma rubripolosum can do. :eek:

SK8TERBOI

Arachnopeon
LOL wow the Only thing they have remotely true is 1,2,4,5,6 and i think The funnel web should be the #1 most dangerous if i am correct but I could be wrong LOL and a B.Smithi is about as dangerous as a pet rock

Blackbeard

Arachnopeon
LOL wow the Only thing they have remotely true is 1,2,4,5,6 and i think The funnel web should be the #1 most dangerous if i am correct but I could be wrong LOL and a B.Smithi is about as dangerous as a pet rock
The bible is full of stories about people being killed with pet rocks.
In some arab countries people are still being executed by pet rock.
Pet rocks have a long and bloody history.