Why isn't my Blondi getting any bigger?

kimberwolf

Arachnopeon
I got my blondi when she was 1.25 inches 4 years ago. She molted multiple times in the first year and a half growing noticeable larger every time. But the last 2 years she hasn't grown bigger at all and still looks more like a rose hair than a goliath. She is skittish and aggressive so I know she isn't a Rose Hair. Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions?

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
not all rosies are calm/docile.

a picture may help, if it's an identification issue. all of my blondis grow faster/larger in the time period you're describing.

mitchell123

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Blondi's reach there adult size in about 2 years +-. The they stop growing or noticeable growing ,and will only mold for re-placing there worn out exo skeloton.

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Any chance you could post a picture? She should still be growing. How big is she?

kimberwolf

Arachnopeon
I could if someone walked me through the process. Otherwise I'd hafta E-mail em to you seperately

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm not so good with pictures myself, maybe someone else can help you, but if you want an answer right away, you could email me directly through the pms. Blondies get big and they don't look like rosies at all. At least not to me.

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If you have had it for that long and your confused as to whether its a blondi or a rosie, its most likely NOT a blondi.

kimberwolf

Arachnopeon
What should I do??!!!! I doubt the dealer will give me a refund cuz it's been 4 years, but they did kinda rip me off cuz I spend 50 bucks for her!!! DAMMIT!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
a picture would definitely help. you can send it to someone here and have them post in this thread.

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
this is the pic she sent me just now. it's a bit dark but i think we can pretty much rule out G.rosea...

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well from that picture I can see it has 8 legs..........

Other then that, It really does not look like a blondi ether. But some light might help, actually light will help lol.

TTstinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well from that picture I can see it has 8 legs..........

Other then that, It really does not look like a blondi ether. But some light might help, actually light will help lol.
I agree look nothing like a blondi you may have been swindled

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
somehow i have the feeling it's a P.cancerides...sorta.

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yes, I can't tell from picture either, but I can tell--not rosie. It's most common to substitute a lasiadora parahabana (i'm tired my spelling is going downhill), but that would have grown big too, so it's probably not that. If it was a cancerides, the butt would be reddish. So, does the abdomin have red setae?

Actually, it kinda looks like an L. para to meeeeeeeeee.

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
cute but its neither rosie nor blondi like the others said. lol after 4+ years it would have been 8-9"

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
cute but its neither rosie nor blondi like the others said. lol after 4+ years it would have been 8-9"
Unless fed a rather small diet, and kept under cooler conditions. Nothing definate can be said without a better pic. But I agree it looks nothing like T. blondi.

-Sean

ricneto

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You might have a blondi dwarf {D
Sorry just kidding!:8o
But I have to go with the majority It is not a blondi. Not by the looks and not by the growth.

kimberwolf

Arachnopeon
Salmon Pink

I've had a Salmon pink and it grew much bigger than this one in the year I had her. Not red hairs either. I'll post a better pix tonight.

Last edited:

kimberwolf

Arachnopeon
Tarantula ID

If you go to the home page and scroll down to Tarantula, than click on Tarantula Picture ID, the 14th one down says Pamphobeteus sp? She looks exacltley like that one. What is the common name for it?