Why is my tarantula in a web cocoon??? Please help me she won’t get out and eat. Why is this happening. Please help!!!

thatdadlife619

Arachnoknight
looks like it’s about to molt, just leave it be. Also would be helpful to provide species of the specimen as well as size.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Sever case of tarantulas doing tarantula things. As stated above. You know what to do.

Sofia Carapia

Arachnopeon
I agree with thatdadlife619 signs of pre-molt include not eating so it’s normal.

Also it’s arboreal, they do those cocoons and molt there. If it’s your first time dealing with the moulting process I’ll advice you to watch some YouTube videos to know what to expect.

Terrestrials also do this web mats to lay backwards and moult. Now, it’s very important not to disturb your T, it will know what to do, don’t worry ☺

Good luck! 🥰

Craig73

Arachnoangel
You jump up and down and scream like a little girl. In another room of course. I’m going on my 5th molt in the past few weeks. I’m pretty sure the neighbors thinks a girl lives here now.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Suggest you do research in the animal you own as this is T101 stuff, ie research would have uncovered this wildly common observation.

Wildwolf645

Arachnopeon
I agree with thatdadlife619 signs of pre-molt include not eating so it’s normal.

Also it’s arboreal, they do those cocoons and molt there. If it’s your first time dealing with the moulting process I’ll advice you to watch some YouTube videos to know what to expect.

Terrestrials also do this web mats to lay backwards and moult. Now, it’s very important not to disturb your T, it will know what to do, don’t worry ☺

Good luck! 🥰
Thank you so much!

looks like it’s about to molt, just leave it be. Also would be helpful to provide species of the specimen as well as size.
It’s a Avicularia avicularia and looks to be about 3 or 4 inches

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
This is literally how Avicularia live. Sure, they might be getting ready to moult, or maybe they aren't. This is how they live. Make sure they have access to water at all times.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
So here's a little Spider Rhyme
Perhaps it will help you pass the time
Avics Make Hammocks
Tunnels and Funnels
It's what they do, it's nothing new

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
I mean you *could* believe all these so-called experts in here, OR you could just have faith that your tarantula is soon going to emerge as a beautiful butterfly. Your call.