Who's Behind the Computer - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey emo kid, my schedule gets mixed up sometimes{D and I don't always do the same thing;P

-Sarah-

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here's a funny picture of myself... I had just gotten my wisdom teeth extracted earlier that day, so I was extremely disoriented (due to the pain meds) and decided to crash on the couch. Well, I passed out for 4 hours and shortly after I woke up, my new cockatiel was screeching to be let out of its cage and I told my mother to go get it for me so it would calm down. After the bird made itself at home on my shoulder, here comes my mother with my camera wanting a picture :wall: the couch was trashed, I looked groggy and refused to look up (I wasn't functioning on all cylinders, but I knew I didn't want my picture taken!) and the bird's looking at me like I'm nuts {D

-Sarah

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Haha! I know exactly how you felt. I apparently spent the entire ride home explaining to my brother, (who was also in a post-operation stuper) something about them playing Mettallica during my surgery. And he had been hitting on the nurses! Then I watched Star Trek: TNG for the rest of the morning.

-Sean

-Sarah-

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Haha! I know exactly how you felt. I apparently spent the entire ride home explaining to my brother, (who was also in a post-operation stuper) something about them playing Mettallica during my surgery. And he had been hitting on the nurses! Then I watched Star Trek: TNG for the rest of the morning.

-Sean
I was totally knocked out for my surgery. All I remember is going into the room, having the IV inserted, talking to the nurse for a bit. She lied to me, actually :) During the consultation a week before, they told me it would be a combination of 3 things that they were going to use to knock me out with. I watched the nurse measure out each drug into the same syringe! She must've thought I wasn't paying attention. After she injected it into a port that was attached to my IV, she said, "Oh this won't knock you out, this is to help you stay asleep." I thought, "Yeah right, I know what that was." :rolleyes: I gave it about a few minutes, and I tried to lift my head when she had her back turned. Sure enough, I was getting loopy. I thought it was funny that they thought I was going flip out or something after they told me they were putting me under. {D

-Sarah

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
They just put me and Aron into the 'Twilight zone'. I have absolutely no memory of it however. Just before they injected the stuff, we were talking about what music the surgeon liked to play while he worked, and they said he booms Metallica.:)

When they put the oxygen mask on me, she asked me if I wanted a shot of laughing gas. If I wasn't already going out, I would have let her give it to me.

-Sean

-Sarah-

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They just put me and Aron into the 'Twilight zone'. I have absolutely no memory of it however. Just before they injected the stuff, we were talking about what music the surgeon liked to play while he worked, and they said he booms Metallica.:)

When they put the oxygen mask on me, she asked me if I wanted a shot of laughing gas. If I wasn't already going out, I would have let her give it to me.

-Sean

I swear, the surgeon who took mine out is masochistic. He could barely contain his excitement when he told me he was going to have to crack the bottom tooth in order to remove it. That was actually kind of scary :eek:

-Sarah

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Am I the only person who had no problems with wisdom tooth removal? Mine was done on a military base! All I got was some local and they went ahead and yanked 'em out.

The only problem is, I've got an enzyme in my blood that breaks anesthetics down rather fast. I needed two shots for one tooth (which I still felt coming out) and three for the other. In the end I just had a numb jaw for a few hours and then I was fine.

Anywho, to take a cue from fangsalot, here's the new demon-kitty trying to see if my brains are tasty.

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The only problem is, I've got an enzyme in my blood that breaks anesthetics down rather fast. I needed two shots for one tooth (which I still felt coming out) and three for the other. In the end I just had a numb jaw for a few hours and then I was fine.
Heh lucky you. The anastethic didnt work at all when i pulled one out because of infection that neutralized it after a few seconds
To add on the misery it didnt help that the dentist was a small eastindian with arms like spagetti, and she hardly could make the tooth move for a long time.
Not fun at all.

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was totally knocked out for my surgery.
Amen to that! There was no way I was going to be awake for any of that. :embarrassed:

Tomorrow morning I'm taking my boyfriend to get his wisdom teeth out... poor guy hasn't had anything to drink all day today because a co-worker of his told him about someone who peed all over himself during a wisdom-tooth removal! So, he's not taking any chances! ;)

Beautiful picture of you, as usual, by the way.

-Kelly

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I still have all my wisdom teeth, but thanks for those visual stories of what I have yet to look forward to:)

*grumble grumble* blasted people

Status
Not open for further replies.