Not open for further replies.

skrewdriver88

Arachnopeon
just got back from watching land of the dead with my daughter

we went all day saw the movie land of the dead 7 times in a row ;P

willyomt

Arachnopeon
Sheri,
I'm in Helena Montana. And you are correct, no indigenous species of Ts here. Although we do have scorpions and solpugids. Heaven knows I've looked high and low for tarantulas here, but the largeset spiders I can find are Wolf Spiders. Dadgum it anyway!!!!!

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I guess you must have the same species of scorp where I live, P. borealis?

Are you into herping at all? It would be fun to find someone in Montana with some great C. viridis locales.
Supposedly, we have viridis here, at the border with the US and the Alberta border to our west. We have viridis in other locales too, but it is so much fun to find them in new places.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Ted said:
however,..i cant imagine anyone sitting still, letting someone do that to them.
I don't imagine that it is generally an opening move. After a few good blows most people become fairly malleable. That being said, I've never heard, even second-hand, of anyone actually doing this. A quick search shows that it has been done, but it has to be pretty rare. Also known as the "Doc Martin Dental Plan."

I guess you must have the same species of scorp where I live, P. borealis?
P.boreus. And yes, it is the only species reported in Montana.

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited:

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks for the correction! :)

Before Debby yells at us, I see her looking at the thread right now...
Lelle took this one of me today and I really like it, actually, despite the scrunched up eyes, it was kinda cool.

Last edited:

Arachnoporium

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Andy

Andy is buried less than a mile from my home in Pittsburgh, PA. Minus his CNS which is cryogenically frozen .... Birthday visit on 8-6-07

Last edited:

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sorry honey, le me guess, vegetarian....
so is 'delicious' she loves apples ;)
No I’m not a vegetarian I’m definitely a steak and potatoes girl :drool: I haven’t heard of people eating goats around here though to me they are pets so it sounds weird…. In Czech I think we ate goats but over there you make due with what you have which isn’t necessary here.

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't imagine that it is generally an opening move. After a few good blows most people become fairly malleable. That being said, I've never heard, even second-hand, of anyone actually doing this. A quick search shows that it has been done, but it has to be pretty rare. Also known as the "Doc Martin Dental Plan."
I did it back in the day after I saw some girls fighting dogs and felt like I had to intervene. By the time I got to that point she didn’t have much fight left in her…however I do not recommend doing anything similar since for one it’s really messy and two I’m still paying for her new upper front teeth. Actually I’m really lucky that’s all I got from the judge.

willyomt

Arachnopeon
Sheri,
Sounds like you've got me pegged. I used to hunt C. viridis viridis quite a bit, and have got around 15 or so dens located. For those of you who now would have me executed, I say I USED to hunt them. I haven't for a few years now. I don't keep herps as pets. I'm in an apartment, and I keep my hands full with my Ts. Besides, tarantulas are a little easier to hide from my landlord than a Burmese python would be.
As for the species of scorps we have in Montana, I have to admit I'm not sure. I had them identified once, but have long since forgotten what they are. Must be my advanced age catching up with me. Well Sheri, let me know if you want to go snake hunting. To keep as pets of course for breeding projects.

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'd love to herp Montana one day, but not to keep, just for the thrill of seeing them wild and in new locales. :)

How are the populations now at the dens where you used to hunt them?

CanesGalactica

Arachnopeon
Sometimes... it's not me behind the computer...

So if ever you see cat like typing as responses from me... it's more than likely he is the culprit.

(Don't be fooled by his cuteness...)

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sometimes... it's not me behind the computer...

So if ever you see cat like typing as responses from me... it's more than likely he is the culprit.

(Don't be fooled by his cuteness...)
:p aww what a cute little tike he is! yeah, looks like he enjoyed his catnip alright:)

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Look at that ole "emo" kid. Boy oh boy let's make lame jokes and feel better about our old selves because we live a scheduled, unsatisfying life working so many hours a day then coming home to do the same thing over and over.

Yep.. that "emo" kid who can't sleep and never eats.

heh;P

Status
Not open for further replies.