Who's behind the computer - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
The Eternal..
my understanding..is that temp piercings kinda take the place of perm ones, without the healing period? IOW....the adrenaline rush, etc...but WO the healing worries?
I used to peruse the BME site quite a bit, then realized that I'm just an average 'peon' WO anything remarkable, or memorable to contribute LOL
I never had the nerve to go even as far as temp piercings.....
Holley

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Hey Bryan,

If I didn't know you were scared of dead things, I'd think you might start emulating Captain Howdy from Strangeland. ;)

Scott

Blackwidow69

Arachnopeon
Cool!!

hehehehehe!! She sees this im a goner for sure...LOL!! you should see her in dreads and punked up,, vamp style. Il try to catch one of that to..hehehe!! Il try to get one of me up today or tomarrow if i can just find where she stashed the pics on here.. Enjoy!!! Andrea.... :D :cool:

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
The Eternal..
my understanding..is that temp piercings kinda take the place of perm ones, without the healing period? IOW....the adrenaline rush, etc...but WO the healing worries?
I used to peruse the BME site quite a bit, then realized that I'm just an average 'peon' WO anything remarkable, or memorable to contribute LOL
I never had the nerve to go even as far as temp piercings.....
Holley
Play piercing (aka temporary piercings) is risky, and does have a healing period of about a week.

Don't worry about not having any mods. I started reading BME when I was 16 without a single mod. I didn't get pierced until my 18th B-day, or tattooed until I was 19. It's all good ;)

-Bryan

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Originally posted by mrderanged
If I didn't know you were scared of dead things, I'd think you might start emulating Captain Howdy from Strangeland. ;)
Haha! I like that movie :) They didn't do suspensions justice, though. If you want to see real ones, go here: http://www.bmezine.com/ritual/bme-ritu.html

Warning: there are graphic pictures in there.

-Bryan

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Man, it's pretty cool having faces to go with the posts. Some of you guys look nothing like I expected. I really dig the piercing pics! Reminds me of when the Genitorturers come to town (AWESOME SHOW if you've never seen them) Course the little icons by everyone's name (avatars?) can definitely be misleading. I have a habit of characterizing the poster based on the avatar. (I guess that is the idea though.)

Y'all look great, all of ya!

Atrax

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pierced suspensions

I was a member of the Human Sculpture group for 7 years and we did a lot of pierced suspensions and other body modifications as performance art. Painful-very much so- but worth it. For all of the hangings I did over the years, I just have a few tiny little puncture wound scars on my back and shoulders to show for it now and my tattoos cover up most of them.

You don't seem to scar up as much when you can relax into the piercing/suspension and just see it as an experience. I've also had facial skewers and other intense piercings done for shows, but I have no scars from them whatsoever.

Best of luck, Eternal. I hope you have as good of an experience as I did.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
The scary thing is that I think I understand where all the freaky body mod people are coming from. I don't have a single body mod. I guarantee you I will never be voluntarily pierced (stabbed or shot is always a possibility) and I will probably never be tattooed, but that isn't so certain.

Back in the day, however, I used to train past the point where I could train. I'd hit the pain, go through the pain and then just keep going. Wonderful place I discovered on the other side. Very peaceful. A few days ago I decided to go back there. It's been a couple years now, but I figure I can make it by December.

Cheers,
Dave

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's all a matter of the endorphins kicking in... various different ways of achieving it. I've been there through weight training and through a 6 1/2 hour tattooing marathon when I had my left shoulder done. Never done any of the piercing/suspension rituals, but I wouldn't rule it out.

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I use to be a pain junky and a volly. I was told at a young age that the human body could due amazing things. So like the child I was I pushed. I am not going to go into the thing I did buy thankfully I became a volly then put my energy into that. Running a ambulance plus working one plus running a fire truck. I pushed my body past what it should have been and now I pay for it every day. I use to run the trucks for 32 to 48 hrs and then sleep for 4 hrs and due it again, over and over for months at a time. :D ;) :)

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Somebody said I was good looking. Thank you.

And to TheEternal: Are you a member of IAM at BMezine? I looked for the same username on there but came up with no results. I am known as communist on IAM. I have plenty of tattoos and a few piercings.

Last edited:

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I went out for some months with a girl who was seriously into piercings and l learned a great deal about it and the culture vicariously ;) Personally, although I have an very high pain threshhold, I just don't see the appeal. I've long held the belief that people into piercings are "wired" differently than the majority of people.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I've always found it kind of wierd (and a bit erotic), but I'd rather someone be upfront and out in the open with their oddity than having that lurking "something" hidden deep within. As far as that goes, living with dozens of spiders, scorps, and bugs in your house is a bit off center as far as most people are concerned. To each his own... if everyone were the same, life would be very boring.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by Botar
living with dozens of spiders, scorps, and bugs in your house is a bit off center as far as most people are concerned.
How many people here forget that sometimes? I often find I'm talking to people and I'll casualy bring up the inverts. I don't even think about it until I see their jaw drop or they do a double-take. Quite the conversation starter, though. ;)

Cheers,
Dave

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I think that's one of the most incredible things about this hobby and, more importantly, this web board and organisations like the ATS. I kept Ts from about 1981 until my last one died in 1998. In all that time I *never* met or talked to another person who had a tarantula or other 'nasty' bug.

About a year ago I got the hankering to get back into keeping Ts, I missed their cute 8-legged fuzziness. In the course of researching suppliers I discovered the online community (and when you spent nearly 20 years never meeting anyone else who kept them, is positively freaking HUGE).

The thing that immediately appealed to me was a) the diversity of types who were enthusiasts - everything from thrash playing biker types to quirky PhD professors - and b) the general level of respect and articulateness of these people. It's also a great thing to discover that there are a lot of normal people (by my definition at any rate ;)) who are as passionate about something like a tarantula as I am.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Hey Scott; don't forget the one with the demon puppet on your shoulder.

LOL

John
; ' /

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.